can i use laptop as sat nav

whogiveaffff

Inactive User
Reaction score
i been using my laptop in car a lot and wonder what i would need to use it as sat nav and what software i could use i would like to use tomtom software as i like tomtom i have put tomtom on sd card and use it f&h satnav could i use that

only satnav I have had running was Garmin CityNavigator works fine with any Bluetooth dongle and a Bluetooth gps receiver.

i been using my laptop in car a lot and wonder what i would need to use it as sat nav and what software i could use i would like to use tomtom software as i like tomtom i have put tomtom on sd card and use it f&h satnav could i use that
Hi mate you will need to buy a wired gps receiver then download or purchase navigation software.

not very safe though is it...how you gonna mount onto the windscreen or dash...lol..

been a while but I used to use autoroute (or map point or whatever it was called) with a USB GPS receiver.

I take it you don't have a smartphone with a data contract ?

been a while but I used to use autoroute (or map point or whatever it was called) with a USB GPS receiver.

I take it you don't have a smartphone with a data contract ?

dont know if you got sorted but there are a few packages that are designed for pc operation

igo8 and garmin both have pc versions readily available on satnav forums and torrents

i have a usb blue tooth dongle and it works quiet well.

Back