Can Chorus Card Be Used In The Dreambox..?

There is no newcamd available for dm7025.
You have to use gbox.

You need to know the boxkey of your orginal smart card by unlooping it first. So the card you have is no good unless you do this.
When you do know the boxkey just grab the config files I uploaded leave the # as they are and just input your boxkey.

I got my boxkey direct from the box... sigh... think will start allover again.. my t911 is broken, will think of a way... thx

Cheers

@mgb

I saw 1 of ur old psot, u said that" Sharing a nagra1 card is easier with newcamd cardserver and newcamd, evocamd or mgcamd as client." What do you mean by client, i am using gemini 4.31, i d/l the cardserver n the cfg via add-on. do i need evocamd or mgmcamd as client, if yes, how??? curently, there no evocamd or mgmcamd. only cardserver n the beta n spider, according to u, both r useless n can be del.

I am very new to digital, hope u wouldnt mean guiding me...

Cheers

If you install the newcamd/cardserver package plus config files the cardserver handle the card and offer the service and newcamd is the local client.
If you configure the cardserv.cfg in the right way you can also share the card over the net with clients which are able to handle the newcamd protocol.
There is no additional software needed at your box.

Last edited:
when i enter my boxkey, n telnet, cardserver_6.10b, error on the boxky line... but if i left it as 11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88, n run cardserver_6.10b, it will read cardslot n the yellow "N" will turn to green.

Why my boxkey will have error, while leaving it as 11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88, is fine. And the N changes from yellow to green, it is only on channels i paid for. so i noe the box is getting the data frm the card but no pic is available... i tried typing newcamd_6.10b, n it return nothing more it can do...

Is there anyhting i can do. Thx for ur patient.

Cheers

If the boxkey is not valid the card answers are descrambled in the wrong way.
You need the exact boxkey of your card. Don't mix it up with the IRD.

looks like i will have to get a unlooper to unloop my card... anyway thx alot...

@mgb

After i enter my bk, i did killall cardserver_6.10b then cardserver_6.10b. I did newcamd_6.10b but i get the error in the pic. Why is all emu/cws disabled? or is this normal?

Cheers

Last edited:
You only need to do the cardserver_6.10b command to see if its working. Don't worry about newcamd. Start the dreambox up as normal with the card in it. Run the cardserver using the onscreen option and that should be it

@ steakknife03 what image did you put on yours , every thing says mine is working but the chans dont clear might be my image

NTL Card in Dreambox

Hi All
Seen a ntl card working in a 600pvr tonight
system setup:
Newcamd- Cardserver 6.07
Files in var/keys:
Autoupdate.key
Keylist.txt
Camd35.conf
Camd.cfg
Newcamd- Client.txt

box password protected any way around this so i can copy the image setup ?

The key folder is not used for a card.
You need newcamd and newcamd cardserver and the config files for both.
Beside that you have to insert the boxkey of the card into cardser.cfg.

One last problem I'm having is getting the cardserver to auto start after I first power it on. It always start the CI and I have to change it to the cardserver. Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks

If you start "Newcamd-Cardserver 6.10b" via blue panel (blue button menue) the image should store that option.
You shouldn't simply pull the plug. You should first shutdown the box via menu.

Back