Camera help (Canon EOS 300D)

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

recently found an old Canon EOS 300D in our father in laws bedroom. Couldn't find the charger but managed to order a generic one with 2 spare batteries from the web.

Thing is there are so many knobs, buttons and switches I'm not quite sure of the best way to use it. It has an EF-S 18-55mm lens and also have two lens things that fit over it, 1 a polariser and the other ultra violet.

Also got a couple of old 35mm film SLR cameras there too, would the lens fit the Canon as well?

Also the compact flash card it came with is only 256mb, which I though was quite small, but it still gives me about 60-70 photos on Hi Quality.

Hi,

recently found an old Canon EOS 300D in our father in laws bedroom. Couldn't find the charger but managed to order a generic one with 2 spare batteries from the web.

Thing is there are so many knobs, buttons and switches I'm not quite sure of the best way to use it. It has an EF-S 18-55mm lens and also have two lens things that fit over it, 1 a polariser and the other ultra violet.

Also got a couple of old 35mm film SLR cameras there too, would the lens fit the Canon as well?

Also the compact flash card it came with is only 256mb, which I though was quite small, but it still gives me about 60-70 photos on Hi Quality.

Features

6.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor
7-point wide-area AF
High-performance DIGIC processor
100-1600 ISO speed range
Compatible with all Canon EF lenses and EX Speedlites
PictBridge, Canon Direct Print and Bubble Jet Direct compatible – no PC required

http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/cameras/digital_slr/eos_300d/

But will it make me David Bailey? lol

I honestly can't see the difference between my small 2 mega pixel Olympus point and shoot and this, except it's HUGE!

But will it make me David Bailey? lol

I honestly can't see the difference between my small 2 mega pixel Olympus point and shoot and this, except it's HUGE!

its in the settings m8
its prob only set to low res
thats why you get so many photos on the small card

on the link i think you can down load the manual for it have a look

Last edited:
Have a look at this thread earwig just got one of these myself mate .

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/218084/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Nice find...
Thing is there are so many knobs, buttons and switches I'm not quite sure of the best way to use it.
As David says, have a look at the manual. If you'd rather have a hardcopy check ebay.

It has an EF-S 18-55mm lens and also have two lens things that fit over it, 1 a polariser and the other ultra violet.
The 18-55mm is a competant stock lens. The 35mm equivelent is 27-82.5.

UV filters are generally left on the lens to protect the front element from dust, grit, rain etc. Depending on the quality, they can cause issues with TIR during low light photography.

The polariser reduces glare and reflections.
If they are canon lenses they should fit. Depending on the lens, you may have focus and set the appature manually.

That sounds about right. But can check with my mate (who has a 300D) if you want to be sure?

Back