DVB - PC Cards Build Media Center or Buy Dreambox 600

erm some link not working properly.
Ok, here a card Im thinking about...

hxxp://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvr500mce.html

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-500 MCE
Dual Tuner so I can watch and record at same time. costs about £75

Anyone forsee any problems with this card?

Yes, it's an analog card, which uses crappy hardware MPEG compression.

Yes, it's an analog card, which uses crappy hardware MPEG compression.
Cheers for the headsup;)
Then what cards does cable HD digital TV, easy to use?

I am back to these:

hxxp://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/language/en/info/p279_SATELCO-EasyWatch-HDTV-PCI--DVB-C-.html

hxxp://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p325_Technotrend-Budget-C-1500HD-High-Definition--MPEG2-4-.html

Your choice would be and why?:)

Last edited:

Is this card not a analogue only card, so it would only be suitable for analogue tv and not digital TV ?

Cheers for the headsup;)
Then what cards does cable HD digital TV, easy to use?
I am back to these:
hxxp://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/language/en/info/p279_SATELCO-EasyWatch-HDTV-PCI--DVB-C-.html
hxxp://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p325_Technotrend-Budget-C-1500HD-High-Definition--MPEG2-4-.html
Your choice would be and why?:)
My choice was the TT1500... because it was free. :) It's a good cheap card, easy to set up, and if you read through the forum a bit, you'll find it's quite a popular one. You can get it slightly cheaper if you go for the non-HD version. It's the exact same card, the only difference is that the HD version comes with HD MPEG software decoders/codecs, which you can find online for free, if you know where to look.

My choice was the TT1500... because it was free. :) It's a good cheap card, easy to set up, and if you read through the forum a bit, you'll find it's quite a popular one. You can get it slightly cheaper if you go for the non-HD version. It's the exact same card, the only difference is that the HD version comes with HD MPEG software decoders/codecs, which you can find online for free, if you know where to look.

Then a TT1500 non HD version it is. Buying now and thanks;)

So if price isnt an issue..whats is the best card I could get?

if price ain't an issue i'm using a floppydtv with a icecrypt cam and au funcard with vista and no probs. full 2 week epg - full hd - no delay when changing channels.but the card is a bit pricey compared to the tt1500.

What full hd?
At a budget card for dvb-c without mpeg decoder HDTV is a problem of your pc and the right codec.
Cards with a own mpeg4 H264 decoder are not on the market till yet
BBC HD is using mpeg2 HDTV..

The link is fully working.
It looks like someone botched something at the forum defaults.
Recently there was a similar problem in a other thread with supposed not working links.

TT1500 HD version ( I know shouldnt have paid for the HD version) has just arrvied. Play time begin tomrorow:)

why wait til tomorrow - do it now - do it now........ LOL

Ok card installed, with drviers etc... on win XP pro OS.

I installed the drviers and appications which came on the CD. Card is working as I manualy entered a feq and scanned it, finding all the BBC channels.

Problem is they kept freezing all the time every few secs.

This line I normally have my living room dreambo on and this also has a booster fitted....any solution to the freezing ever few secs?

I have also just purchased DvbViewer.

My family is use to using mediaportal on the mediaserver. In Mediaportals setup I told it I now had a dvc card and every time I tell it to scan for channels, mediaportal crashes:( EVERY time.

Basically I want mediaportal to be the software to use.

Also I need to know what else I need for decoding channels and how I set it up if someone can advise ;)

Update:

Im ready to through this card out the bloody window now:)

Mediaportal continueally crahed as it scans for the channels.
MythTV is no windows based.
And GBPVR doesnt reconise the TT1500.

What other applications is there or setup?

A application cannot solve signal problems.
If the signal is too strong or too weak you can get such crashing.

Update:
Im ready to through this card out the bloody window now:)
Mediaportal continueally crahed as it scans for the channels.
MythTV is no windows based.
And GBPVR doesnt reconise the TT1500.
What other applications is there or setup?
d/l mytheatre and if u can get a service file from a dbox for ur area do a manual scan. this should prove ur signal strength is ok...these cards can be frustrating and u want to take 1 step at a time...took me months to set up vista the way i want it
good luck m8

Back