Bread cake!!!

sneaker

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow @Ferret. I was watching one of my recent favourite yt channels when at 8.26 they show the menu to show something called a bread cake, the Leeds folk need to learn how to call it a Barm cake.

Chip Barm not a chip bread cake :)

1630971245828.png

If you go a bit further up north you can get much more if you ask for chips in your Stottie Cake as you can get some really big ones of those :)
Quite a few burger vans on industrial estates and whatnot up here do things like "Geordie Specials" which will usually be a fried breakfast in a stottie :).

Wow @Ferret. I was watching one of my recent favourite yt channels when at 8.26 they show the menu to show something called a bread cake, the Leeds folk need to learn how to call it a Barm cake.

Chip Barm not a chip bread cake :)

View attachment 137863
A Barm ? 😂

Now your been a regionalist o_O

Bread cake is used in Yorkshire but in West Yorkshire that's just a chip butty lad ;) If i ordered that in a chippy its a chip butty. In South Yorkshire that's a Bap. Chip Bap.

This YT channel needs discrediting imho 🤣

I say Chip Butty but some say Bap…

The Welsh used the term butty or butties as close friend or work mate. Also shortened to Butt similar to “mush”…

Last edited:
It's a chip butty, served on a bread cake. Barm cake just sounds barmie to me. :p It's best served with scraps too.

I would have guessed what all of them mean, multilingual us Geordies, ye knar :D.

Many years ago I had to work in Hull for the day. Dinner time, I thought I would have a bag of chips.
Lady behind the counter asked "do you want Cake with that?" - (Me, thinks -Why have Cake with Chips..) I just looked confused, so she pointed to the Bread bap/roll/TeaCake/Cob......!

Many years ago I had to work in Hull for the day. Dinner time, I thought I would have a bag of chips.
Lady behind the counter asked "do you want Cake with that?" - (Me, thinks -Why have Cake with Chips..) I just looked confused, so she pointed to the Bread bap/roll/TeaCake/Cob......!
Cake and Chips is Fishcake and Chips. No wonder you were confused 😂

Back