both my R4 cards went down!! (at the same time)

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
this is a strange fooker, both my R4 cards went down at the same time. i have an old R4 card, one of the first fake ones from about 2 yrs ago. worked great. bought a new one about 6 mths ago worked gr8! now this morning i tried to play my wee boy at connect 4. both never even booted. they worked fine last night. any ideas guys?

ps i put the software back on again brfore this post just in case it had been deleted.

this is a strange fooker, both my R4 cards went down at the same time. i have an old R4 card, one of the first fake ones from about 2 yrs ago. worked great. bought a new one about 6 mths ago worked gr8! now this morning i tried to play my wee boy at connect 4. both never even booted. they worked fine last night. any ideas guys?

ps i put the software back on again brfore this post just in case it had been deleted.
have you tried it with other games? maybe its the connect 4 game thats faulty? other than that ive no idea...hope u get it sorted

no both cards dont even boot up, both ds' say no game in slot. really weird!!
try putting a piece of cardboard in between the game cartridge and the ds itself as the connectors might not be touching properly!

helps keep it a nice tight fit, hope it works!

i know they are not as good, however both were working then stopped at the same time. really wierd.

That happens to my kids nds all the time m8, they remove the cart from the ds and blow into the slot-1 then it works. It would be worth a try.

seems awfully strange if both have went off the same time and never done that before! if you have not messed about with the software since they were working it has to be a connection problem! but still on both seems weird?

wow - that is so weird....

I was playing over xmas against my daughter on her DS. We last played Battleship/Trouble/Connect 4/Sorry game from our R4 cards. Couple of days afterwards, both our DS's would not boot???

Only solution was to renew software on R4...

What a coincedence eh???

Maybe the game has a bug in that somehow causes this... who knows?

It worked 4 us anyway m8

good luck

That happens to my kids nds all the time m8, they remove the cart from the ds and blow into the slot-1 then it works. It would be worth a try.

try what dogtoffee said this works for me :Clap: rep added do you have a original cart to try ?

Last edited:
origionals work fine, tried dropping on the moonshl software again, still no joy. real bummer.

origionals work fine, tried dropping on the moonshl software again, still no joy. real bummer.
have you tried formatting the micro sd's then put the software back on?

have you tried formatting the micro sd's then put the software back on?

yep tried that too, stumped mate. im starting to think there is a gremlin in them as origionals are failing now too. its now become a possibility that the gremlin is my wee boy.

you may change the kernel, different cards need different kernel,if you want to download free games,muisc,films special for nds ,you should not miss the websites www.nds9.com, there are a lot of free resources special for nds in the websites http://www.nds9.com/, you can download and manage the games, videos, music, archive to your NDS by DS Happy Box

is this SPAM??????? hello!!!!!!

yep tried that too, stumped mate. im starting to think there is a gremlin in them as origionals are failing now too. its now become a possibility that the gremlin is my wee boy.
well thats me stumped too, have not a clue whats going on, good luck trying to sort them anyway!

Yes, I do the blow job as well and it works.

Have messed up r4 card as I updated latest software and it blocks old r4 cards.

r4 cards work on ver 1.3 software but if you load latest firmware then the cards do not work on 1.4.

I have had to order new r4i ver1.4 due to my error.

Back