bootmii

yes m8, i selected prepare sd card and it wrote a few files,after that i installed the bootmii and selected yes a couple of times to a couple of things, it said success at the end, its still the same one in the machine, im just wondering if my preloader is stopping the bootmii from starting?

Last edited:
you need to have a bootmii.ini in the bootmii folder on the root of your sd mate the one ive posted here will boot straight to bootmii and will wait 5 secs before it boots to system menu unless you press anything on the wii or gc controller when you boot to bootmii goto the 4th icon (config) then its either the 1st or 2nd icon to back up your nand mate. also as manofscience said you will need the sd in to boot to bootmii in the future or it will auto load sysmenu.
as for your preloader problem mate have you done any sysmenu updates lately if so you will need to change your hacks ini to the one for that sysmenu 4.0,4.1 etc that could be why your not getting them are you still able to boot preloader at all m8 you can use preloader and bootmii on the same wii i do myself so its not that but i would check your hacks.ini it should be on the root of your sd.

ps just realised who i was posting too (iliveinuk) and you probably allready know what i posted above lol either way m8 the ini should come in handy and i suppose the post may help someone else.

Last edited:
thanks marra, i will copy that into my root and test now i managed to get the misses off the main tv :)

Will let you know in a sec

still no joy, my preloader has the 4.1 hacks.ini, i went to put your bootmii ini inside the bootmii folder on the sd card, there was one already there but i overwrote it anyway, its still booting to the wii warning screen :/ hmmm, strange lol

have read on a few forums that it might be my sd card, but everything else works, im using a transcend 2gb card, the unit flashes twice at the beginning, im lead to believe that means something, then nothing for a few seconds, then i get the main health warning screen, grrrrr lol

and just to check .... you do have wiiconnect24 turned off right ? (see my other post as I had exactly the same problem as you and thought it was the SD card at first).

Hi, yes the wii connect is off, I always leave it off as I dont want an update done without me doing it :)

Its strange, because when I switch the unit it the blue light flickers a couple times which im guessing is something to do with the bootmii, but then nothing, and I see the health warning screen. Do you guys also have preloader running as well as bootmii, and if so, what is your preloader set to when you switch on the wii, does it go straight to the wii system menu??

Cheers

Im only trying to back up my nand as im always messing with mine

Did you get it installed as boot2 ?

If i were you I would try copying the installer to a freshly formatted SD and then install bootmii again (hopefully as boot2). Then reboot the wii whilst leaving the card in the machine.

I cant really think what else could be causing the problem other than it being installed as an IOS in which case you wont see it at boot time.

cheers, will try a fresh new card when I get home, will put that in when it says to prepare sd card

Will let you know how I get on

Cheers

nope, still not having it, even tried on a m8s wii, fresh install, i must have all the files it needs or it would say I could install it, oh well, i tried, thanks for your help guys

hi mate, if the blue lights are flicking on boot up it means bootmii is installed but the files are not on the card to boot it if you get me its not the best explanation but i cant think of any other way to put it lol, so your prob definatly lies with your sd imo, ive had a card not boot bootmii and i installed bootmii from the same sd but a couple of days later started to work. i dont think it matters if the card is formated fat or fat32 but it may be worth trying both or i know you have tried another sd but if you can lay your hands on a 3rd your may get lucky but i would definatly say it was your sd that is the prob if you use the ini i posted to test i know 100% that it works as i copied it direct from my sd so that rules out any file probs the ini should be in a folder on the root of your sd called bootmii, i use a 1gb integeral sd card or 2gb kingston sd but mostly i use the 1st one and have had no trouble from the 1st but the 2nd is the one that started to work after a few days, good luck m8 you will get it going eventually if the lights say its there.

Hi marra,

I have just tried it in another card, this time a sandisk one, 2gb, and when installing the bootmii this time i saw it saying mounting the sd card, didnt see that before, and guess what?......it now works, thanks for all your time guys, it was the 2gb transcend it didnt like grrrrr

again, cheers

yeah, I just backed up my nand, i was waiting for a couple of bad blocks as it seems most have the odd few but it didnt give me any, i feel left out now lol, cheers again, your a saviour

yeah, I just backed up my nand, i was waiting for a couple of bad blocks as it seems most have the odd few but it didnt give me any, i feel left out now lol, cheers again, your a saviour

lol no probs mate, i didnt get one bad block either and my wii as seen quite a few installs/uninstalls of apps etc lol. ive ended up keeping a backup of 3.2 and 4.0 im gonna make a habbit of it before i do any updates to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
I have just installed bootmii...I did a back up of the nand...is it normal to have this screen when you switch the wii on.
bootmii.jpg

you have left your sd card in with the bootmii config :) so yes, it thinks you want to get into it

Thanks m8... should I remove the bootmii folder from the root of the s/d card

Thanks m8... should I remove the bootmii folder from the root of the s/d card

i just stuck it on my PC with the nand so incase it all goes tits up, i can just drop everything back onto the SD card and repair it

Back