bootmii

finally found your fix mate it did my head in last time apparently you need to Install IOS36-v1042.wad according to what ive read that should sort it right out.just got this elsewhere too,

Here is what you need to do.

Here is your Fix:

You Need Wad Manager, and IOS36-64-v1042.wad and CIOS36.wad .

1. Run Wad Manger and install IOS36-64-v1042.wad

2.Exit Wad Manager by press the HOME buttom on WiiMote

3. Run BootMii beta 2 installer

4. After you get everything you want installed from the BootMii installer Run Wad Manager again

5. Install CIOS36.wad

6.Exit Wad Manager after it is installed

Now everything should be working like it was before

IOS36-64-v1042.wad is the original ios36 file from nintendo.Its vunerable and will allow bootmii beta 2 to install.

Cios36.wad is from cioscorp pack.

Last edited:
and heres both files you need for the steps above, there is a newer version of the cios36 its upto rev14 now but that should do this is the wad for usb hard drive support also so im assuming you havent used a usb drive with your wii which would make sense that i havent seen the error before because usually when i softmod i install the usb ios as routine.

Last edited:
ok got it installed now when i boot up i get the 4 icons to backup and restore the nand,

i worked out you have to press reset to play wii, is this the correct way or can it be set to continue after a few seconds.

EDIT: just take out SD Card now need a second card for usb loader :)

Last edited:
you can change the bootmii.ini on the sd card i have mine so it comes on for 5 secs then boots to system menu i posted a rar file with all the combinations a while back but i cant find it now lol if you change the ini you can use the same card for everything.
how did you get past the ios business that was stoping you orginally m8 did they guide on post 21 sort it?

here is the ini file m8, which bit do i change?

# BootMii config file

# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=PAL60

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
#AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

# Autoboot delay, in seconds:
# Default is 5
#BOOTDELAY=5

just did as you said and it installed

1.Run Wad Manger and install IOS36-64-v1042.wad

2.Exit Wad Manager by press the HOME buttom on WiiMote

3.Run BootMii beta 2 installer

didn't do this bit as i got a error, but i allready have rev 14 installed so i throught it was that

Run Wad Manager again

5. Install CIOS36.wad

nice one mate its good to know incase i come accross the same prob, here is the post with all the bootmii.ini's i was talking about just choose the one you want and switch it on your sd mate LINK.

any chance this could be made a sticky mate i think we've covered everything about bootmii in this one and all the files to go with it, it would definatly help a few people i would think.

Last edited by a moderator:
which part do i change to make it boot in system menu, as i have to press reset at moment, you said something about changing time ?

switch one of the ini files in this rar with the bootmii.ini on your sd card this rar just has the ini's for booting straight to sysmenu if you decide to change it the other types of ini's are linked in post #30 (boot to hbc and no auto boot)

sorry m8 i dont understand what you mean this is my boot ini file

# BootMii config file

VIDEO=PAL60

# SYSMENU, HBC
#AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

# Default is 5
#BOOTDELAY=5

which bit do i change, the one you posted looks totally different to mine ?

sorry m8 i dont understand what you mean this is my boot ini file

# BootMii config file

VIDEO=PAL60

# SYSMENU, HBC
#AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

# Default is 5
#BOOTDELAY=5

which bit do i change, the one you posted looks totally different to mine ?

yours is unedited mate, when you open the rar file in my last post there are 4 folders pal 50 + 60 ,ntsc and progressive i think if your using pal60 goto that folder extract the bootmii.ini and replace the one on your sd card with the pal 60 one you extacted. you can edit it yourself but theres no need as all the differnet bootmii.ini are in the rar you just need to replace yours with one out the rar file you want.

one last thing i did a backup of the nand and there was about 7 bad blocks on first pass, then when it checked they all turned green is this normal

ive not had it like that myself mate but im sure its fine as long as there arent loads i think highlander posted something about the same thing the other day ill see if i can find the post.

edit: its actually the 1st page in this post m8 im sure you have nothing to worry about though.

Last edited:
Hi marra,

wondering if you can help, or anyone else really,

Have read through this, installed bootmii, everything said success, powered off my wii then back on and I was expecting a bootmii screen where I could create a nand backup, if what i have been reading is right, all i get it the normal warning screen, then it boots to the main wii screen, im running preloader 29 as well, will that interfere?? do i need to alter any settings on that?

Any help would be great, i tried to install the bootmii again but most of the time it said file already exists.

cheers

have u got the CD card in that it used to install ? mine only boots bootmii if the SD card is in.

Back