Booting iPrep from USB problem

try this,taken from another forum by a member who was having the same problems.`Press F11 during bootup. Select Hard Drive and your USB device should be under here. I had the same issue - it won't boot from USB Floppy or USB Zip, as the BIOS sees it as a Hard Drive`.

try this,taken from another forum by a member who was having the same problems.`Press F11 during bootup. Select Hard Drive and your USB device should be under here. I had the same issue - it won't boot from USB Floppy or USB Zip, as the BIOS sees it as a Hard Drive`.

Oh right. So when I press F11, I should select to boot from hard drive, this should give a sub-menu with boot from USB?

At least its something else for me to try. Thanks mate, appreciate you trying to help. :Cheers:

I did a google image search for that card using VIA 6421. Its not the card I bought, I just chose that one to show the positioning of the SATA ports as its similar to the placement of those on my card.

This is the one I bought:

Card Details:

VIA VT6421 PCI Combo Card,
Sata + Ulta ATA122 PCI Combo Card
32 - Bit PCI Bus Master Interfact at 33mhz
Sata Transfer Rate at 1.5gb/s
Utra ATA Transfer Rate at 133 Mb/s

Site Link is: budgetcomputers.biz

Did you get it sorted m8?

No, my wee brother wasn't too happy about not having his Xbox to play so I just put it back together for him to get his COD4 fix.

I'll give it a go tomorrow. If I don't have any luck then I'll ask Highlander if his offer to send it to him is still open

i found u dont need the drivers installed for dos to see the sata card

try it from floppy m8, just make sure it's a new one. i had the 'j' problem with usb stick, and gave up on it ;( floppy all the way for me at the mo

try the attached mtkflash as well, it's modded to ur card (i believe)

make sure u read the drive first and back it up ..

*mtkflash not sure if iprep uses that? if u need a hand doing it the floppy way properly pm me m8 it's a doddle

Last edited:
I doubt its configured for his IRQ port without you knowing.

I meant MTKFlash wouldnt be custom edited for his card ;)

Floppy's are ok to use.

Only problem is the size.

my offer is still open m8.

2 choices, send complete 360 no cables just console, but could be expensive in postage, then i can test it working after flash,

OR

send drive only, i will read it and flash it, and return it, but can't test it as no console to stick it in with same drive key LOL.

im jumping in here tbh havent read the full thread but i had a similar prob so i copied my pen drive files after using iprep to c:\benq and booted to dos using ntfs4dos (i think its called ) bootable cd and just did everything from there and ive done it this way with severall 360 benqs,hope this helps

Back