BNP votes to scrap whites-only policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

v14

Banned
Reaction score
Far-right party to change constitution to allow black and Asian members in order to comply with equality laws.

The British National partytoday voted to scrap its whites-only membership *policy in a move dismissed by anti-racist campaigners as "cosmetic".

At an extraordinary general meeting held in Essex, members of the far-right party voted in favour of changes to its constitution that would theoretically allow black and Asian people to join.

Following the result, the BNP leader, Nick Griffin, said he expected a "trickle, rather than a flood" of applications. "Anyone can be a member of this party. We are happy to accept anyone as a member providing they agree with us that this country should remain fundamentally British," Griffin told Sky News.

BNP spokesman Simon Darby said that of the "300 to 400 people" who attended the meeting, just five voted against the motion.

The new constitution, which is not yet publicly available, will be sent to the Equality and Human Rights Commission for final approval. The BNP will give the EHRC seven days to respond, said Darby.

The meeting was hastily arranged after the Central London county court last month told the BNP to amend its constitution to comply with race relations laws or face legal action by the EHRC. After the hearing on 28 January, the BNP rushed out letters to its 14,000 members in order to allow for the 14 days needed to alert them to the proposed changes.

But there remained queries over whether the amended version would go far enough to appease lawyers from the EHRC.

Anti-racism campaigners have said the constitutional change would make no difference to the BNP's racist ideology. Weyman Bennett, national secretary of Unite Against Fascism, said: "I think that regardless of the vote, the changes are cosmetic and have only happened because the courts forced them to stop racist practices."

Asked whether the BNP was no longer racist, Darby said: "Let's put it like this: if, as a result of this, a court rules that we are now a bona fide party, that's a great stamp of approval. If anyone says we are racist, we can say 'no we're not, it's been proved in court'."

As for whether the BNP would genuinely welcome members of "all colours and creeds", Darby said: "I'm not prepared to even say that until we have the court ruling. I'm not going to stray into the realms of that sort of terminology."

Earlier Griffin said ethnic minority members would be accepted if they agreed with the party's aims.

He told the BBC: "They'll be accepted, they'll be welcomed, providing they're there to do the things that we want to do, and providing they accept and agree with our principles, which is that multiculturalism, we believe, has been a failure. It was imposed on the British people without any consent, by the political elite. It's still going on, it's madness and it's time to shut the doors."

BNP votes to scrap whites-only policy | Politics | guardian.co.uk

I know a member who will be fecking sick at this news.
icon12.gif

There will be a few arm bands returned in the post tomorrow.

:Cheers:

Last edited:
lets keep it clean peeps, no biting, no elbows and no talking about each others mums

DING!

lets keep it clean peeps, no biting, no elbows and no talking about each others mums

DING!

Has your friend been quoting that famous line from the exorcist again :roflmao:

This is a oppurtunity for all racist to be in one party now there are racist people in all colours

WTF this is stupid im quitting the BNP.. Whats the point in this party if i cant be hating yorkshire pudding?? kin hate them greasy ovened crispy little shits...

WTF this is stupid im quitting the BNP.. Whats the point in this party if i cant be hating yorkshire pudding?? kin hate them greasy ovened crispy little shits...

Have you tried Aunt Bessies mate, their finger licking good. :proud:

Doesn't it sound a bit like UK immigration policy, letting anyone in?

WTF this thread is over 1 hour old and still no sign of our little "Gem"

I smell PR stunt, this is nothing more than a dirty trick imo.
I wouldn't trust Nick Griffin as far as I could throw him.

Have you tried Aunt Bessies mate, their finger licking good. :proud:

Oh yes I agree on that quote.

As for BNP, yeah right, what non white member is going to join that bunch of loonie racists. As much chance as Ian Paisley joining SF.

I'm in lads.

KKK-rally-before-ole-miss-game-thumb-400xauto-5082.jpg

There's no equality, we don't get white uniforms.

It will be a very brave non white person that attends any of the meetings, especially after a few months when the press has stopped turning up to meetings.

I'm positive that at least half of the BNP's rep is blown well out of proportion, especially compared to current government - anyone noticed how BNP press is always very bad and yet on the flipside Gordon Brown has a sympathetic "get to know the real me" interview on BBC coming up ? yet Nick Griffin is thought of as the second coming of Hitler - all drinking Mr Murdoch's brand of cola in my honest opinion.

When people are going to realize that the world doesn't operate and sing along to candyass political correctness tunes in reality I really don't know, it's all shades of grey and cloak n dagger especially with politicians and governments these days, well the ones currently in power in this country at least. And people should be able to say whatever the hell they want in my opinion, after all it's supposed to be a free country....remember that concept ? I do and I miss it.

Oh and what's all that crap about where they change the names of things so they don't offend people from other countries or religions ? But they don't mind that it offends British people.....and then there's immigrants coming in and getting their own communities built fresh after British people have been lied to and moved out of their homes.....and all it does is cause hatred and tension even to folks who aren't racists.

My two pence and rant over.

Last edited:
I'm positive that at least half of the BNP's rep is blown well out of proportion, especially compared to current government - anyone noticed how BNP press is always very bad and yet on the flipside Gordon Brown has a sympathetic "get to know the real me" interview on BBC coming up ? yet Nick Griffin is thought of as the second coming of Hitler - all drinking Mr Murdoch's brand of cola in my honest opinion.

When people are going to realize that the world doesn't operate and sing along to candyass political correctness tunes in reality I really don't know, it's all shades of grey and cloak n dagger especially with politicians and governments these days, well the ones currently in power in this country at least. And people should be able to say whatever the hell they want in my opinion, after all it's supposed to be a free country....remember that concept ? I do and I miss it.

Oh and what's all that crap about where they change the names of things so they don't offend people from other countries or religions ? But they don't mind that it offends British people.....and then there's immigrants coming in and getting their own communities built fresh after British people have been lied to and moved out of their homes.....and all it does is cause hatred and tension even to folks who aren't racists.

Even tho some of your comments I can agree with, I still cant stand the BNP they are fuckwits. Plain and simple.

The BNP really want a white Christian society, which puts me shit out of luck with them too.

We do have a problem in the uk with certain minorities segregating them sells from normal UK life and this fuels the fires for these wankers, but I would never ever give them the time of day.

You read "Voice of Freedom" do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back