Bloody Air con in cars

Found out what it was guys, the condesnsor is pissing out lol.

So went back to quick fit and got a refund :banana:

cheers!

Mythbusters say to use aircon at high speed and open the windows at low speed :)

All aircon systems in cars leak as the seals are not gas tight. The only way to make them leak free in cars is to use enclosed electric motor systems which I'm sure will be used in the future.

All the seals in a car aircon system are gas tight when new!! Otherwise it would never work!! Most cars will contain less than 1Kg of refrigerant and not sealed that would be gone very quickly!!!

Most problems with cars are that the seals do degrade over time. The compressor when pumping will send a small amount of oil through the system thus lubricating the rubber seals and keeping them in tip top condition - thats why its important to make sure you do actually use the a/c regularly!!

I wouldnt recommmend using Kwikfit or any other tyre fitting service to repair your a/c. For example Kwik Fit advertise that if they re-gass and it doesnt work they will refund you. Well thats all ok if say them compressor is shot but they should be doing a vac test on every system and if it cant hold a vacuum they shouldnt be charging it as that would be against the law!!

You pays your money and takes your choice!!!

All the seals in a car aircon system are gas tight when new!! Otherwise it would never work!! Most cars will contain less than 1Kg of refrigerant and not sealed that would be gone very quickly!!!

Most problems with cars are that the seals do degrade over time. The compressor when pumping will send a small amount of oil through the system thus lubricating the rubber seals and keeping them in tip top condition - thats why its important to make sure you do actually use the a/c regularly!!

I wouldnt recommmend using Kwikfit or any other tyre fitting service to repair your a/c. For example Kwik Fit advertise that if they re-gass and it doesnt work they will refund you. Well thats all ok if say them compressor is shot but they should be doing a vac test on every system and if it cant hold a vacuum they shouldnt be charging it as that would be against the law!!

You pays your money and takes your choice!!!

I'd use/probbley will use them again to be fair.

They have been more than fair with me the past few days and nerver once have i got a told to piss of by them! Wouldnt buy tyers off them though lol

Back