Blood Sugar high - Do i have Diabetes?

Discussed it with the wife and she said I'm allowed to keep the beer and only have a few cans each week :(
(

Damn thought i might have got a fridge full of beer on the cheap there.. oh well lol.
Im sure you'll get it down over the next few weeks m8 then you can have a good blow out once a week :)

To be honest Witchy, You've not been right since you bought that case of Carling off the pikee's ;)

1) Shitting your self in Asda
2) Dreaming about admin
3) And now this?

Only joking bud, go get yourself checked out :)

I know you drink that Barr Cola and it has sweeteners instead of sugar but what else does it have in it...you drink gallons of the stuff and sh1t for Scotland.

Hope you are alright though m8.

Discussed it with the wife and she said I'm allowed to keep the beer and only have a few cans each week :(

What's the point of that, I want to get pissed :)

Yer 15.1 is way too high, but I was only diagnosed today so I wouldn't expect it to be any lower, I hadn't eaten anything since 10pm last night and I had my test at 2:30pm today. I'll need to start behaving myself :(
u want to try stick to the diet m8
i didnt and now take metformin and glickazide tablets
metformin 3 times a day and glikazide twice a day
i am rattling with all the tablet

obtw my doctor has now given me asprin
because as a diabetic i have a chance of a heart attack
more bloody tablets

I know you drink that Barr Cola and it has sweeteners instead of sugar but what else does it have in it...

i don't mean to be condescending towards witchy, but i feel this has a part to play in it. i remember his 'sweetener diet'

clean up ur diet and ur body will follow suit. flush that shit out with mineral water, also it can take as long to undo the damage as it has taken to 'do', but it is Not permanent.

it sounds like bollocks and i apologise, but i stand by wot i say.

please don't ban me :)

Sorry to hear about this witchy mate

i know of a few folks with diabetes too and what they have been recommended is to have some rocket salad and stuff like that the rocket salad keeps the sugar levels in control it is supposed to be very good also have broccoli which is highly recommended for diabetic people.

i don't mean to be condescending towards witchy, but i feel this has a part to play in it. i remember his 'sweetener diet'

clean up ur diet and ur body will follow suit. flush that shit out with mineral water, also it can take as long to undo the damage as it has taken to 'do', but it is Not permanent.

it sounds like bollocks and i apologise, but i stand by wot i say.

please don't ban me :)

lol, no offence taken mate :)

The weight loss I experienced was because my body was/is wasting!

I didn't have enough insulin so my body was breaking down my fat, muscles and even my brain tissue to feed itself. I doubt it was brought on by the sweeteners in the drinks as I was also drinking plenty of plain water at the same time and if I'm honest with myself the weight loss started long before I started drinking the diet cola.

I appreciate that some sweeteners are not ideal, especially aspartame (which is used in my diet soda) can be metabolised into formaldehyde in the Liver.

I wanted to write more but the part of my brain with the idea has just been digested :)

ps...I'll try a few weeks without my beloved cola, strictly tap and mineral water.

Last edited:
I know you drink that Barr Cola and it has sweeteners instead of sugar but what else does it have in it...you drink gallons of the stuff and sh1t for Scotland.

Hope you are alright though m8.

Yer mate it's definitely doing something to me and it's not good.

The biggest problem with the ingredients is (AFAICS) the sweetener aspartame,it's a fooking poison, lol

...but soooo tastey! ;)

@ DavidH...

Thanks for the advice mate.

Witchy, hope you are alright mate. It's a bad state of affairs though when we worry because we just have to eat sensibly (damn our fast food generation).

Ask someone to smell your breath m8. If they can smell acetone or a peardrops kinda smell then see your gp imediatley m8 as it could be the onset of diabetes.

The missus often says that my breath smells of sweets after i've had a tankfull (15 drinks plus), though it is a very occurence that I do. Should I be concerned.

My wife has been saying that my breath smelled sweet for years, makes me wonder if I've had this for much longer than I realise.

Back