blank screen after flashing

colindavies1970

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys ive got a dreambox with no picture or sound ive flased it several times with no joy and the images ive tried i know 2 be good.ive looked at some threads and followed the steps with original firmware from dream etc and still the same. ive tried via network and witout network also when using DCC i cant find an ip addy for the box hope this helps ive been doing this all afternoon hope you can help me ty. help would be appreciated.

If you have flashed with fresh image and scanned and its not showing the freeview chanells, More than likely its a dud.
Return to supplier!

hi hibby ive used dreamup and it goes thru the motions ie box flashes successfully just when i hook it up to tv i get nothing but blank screen and box does not respond to the remote the light on the box is constant green

if you can access the network settings, it means you flashed it successfully, lol
your best bet is to get a null modem cable
there only a couple of quid, and imo, your box is useless without it

flash erase removes channels you would still se graphics of image.
Also there is a connector from the front board to the main board if this is not seated correctly it may be effecting remote control?

cheers chronoman

hi
start with orignal image and the reflash with ur desired image

hi hibby ive used dreamup and it goes thru the motions ie box flashes successfully just when i hook it up to tv i get nothing but blank screen and box does not respond to the remote the light on the box is constant green

Sound like a faulty board mate. Contact your supplier and see if you can get lucky and they will fix it. If its the monkey then I owuldnt hold my breath but if its seller you might have a chance but might take awhile.

Another guy Gsim had the same problem, although he could nto flash with Null as it locked up.

The thing is, when buying from these places you take you chances.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

hi guys ty 4 ur time and effort tried everything still nothing guess its a gonna, ty again:Clap:

Last edited:
hi guys ty 4 ur time and effort tried everything still nothing guess its a gonna, ty again:Clap: ps the original firmware from dream it is the 500+ isnt it?

send me it if you like and i'll have a bash, but just a couple of questions, have you tried another scart lead? do you see the screen flicker at all on the TV when booting, does dreamup say " the box is alive and speaking to us" before your flashing..

flash erase removes channels you would still se graphics of image.
Also there is a connector from the front board to the main board if this is not seated correctly it may be effecting remote control?

cheers chronoman

I flashed my box roughly 6 times saying "yes" to flash erase and each time got a blank screen. Flashed it once saying "no" to flash erase and worked straight away. I doubt it was coincidence.

hi guys ive tried with and without the flash erase countless times and all goes well the box is alive and speaking etc it tells me that its getting flashed succssfully. the scart is fine works with another box ok. hope this help u help me lol

have you tried the red/white (audio) and yellow connectors ? you get a lead with the box.

otherwise have you tried seeing if the yweb works to see if a picture is being sent.

hi m8 yes ive tried the red white and yellow with no luck. what do i do to check yweb? ty

assuming you can connect the ip that comes with the box is 192.168.1.100 (all the dw neutrino's)
if your network is ok with the 192.168.1.100 then
http;//192.168.1.100
will let you connect then click on live at the top then live tv on the side.
you will need vlc installed for it to work, if you just get a traffic cone then it isn't installed properly.

Back