Blade 7000.

well lads... the box is going back..

spoke with the guy from the shop.. followed his instruction on a few things and the box is faulty :(

seems like a decent chap though.. very apologetic. Said he will ship a replacement as soon as he receives this one..

better luck next time hey??? lol ;)

well lads... the box is going back..

spoke with the guy from the shop.. followed his instruction on a few things and the box is faulty :(

seems like a decent chap though.. very apologetic. Said he will ship a replacement as soon as he receives this one..

better luck next time hey??? lol ;)

tbh mate i would rather the box be faulty right off the bat than a few weeks down the line...

hopefully you posted it back today so should have your new box monday or tuesday.....:)

tried that mate... downloaded the STB Tool from the blade site... its just says something like 'connect cable and power on the box'.. when i do it and click the connect button, nothing happens..

Im phoning the shop at 9am.. will post an update as soon as i know whats happening....

Cheers

Just a thort mate,was it on the right COM port

@ Ratts: Never thought of it like that mate... im hoping its just a one off. ive read quite a bit on these boxes and 99% of the reviews say they are spot on..

@ kid_warrior: its was mate yes.. com4 ;)

thanks lads :)

@ Ratts: Never thought of it like that mate... im hoping its just a one off. ive read quite a bit on these boxes and 99% of the reviews say they are spot on..

@ kid_warrior: its was mate yes.. com4 ;)

thanks lads :)

well, mine is sitting pretty mate..ive had no probs with mine yet, touch wood lol.....

it will be worth it in the end mate.... honest ;)

Just an update....

New box arrived this morning.. :)

the shit part is im away till thursday :(

Testing a few thing on the Commando 14.4 thursday night so will probably fire this baby up on friday morning sometime.... Thats if it works lol :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

have faith mate :)

I'm thinking of getting this box, do i need a card to pick up freesat? if i just point the sat to astra just for now.

@ Pete_London: pm sent mate..

@ The Rest: Have it setup in 10 mins my arse!! :Jester:

its being a feckin pain.. some channels work and some dont...

the ones that dont say 'bad or no signal' or something like that??

can some kind soul post their dish setting for me please so i can compare them to mine...

cheers
DiGG

i honestly think this one has a knackered tuner....

the dish and cable are quite new and work fine in the original sly HD box.. and also with a dm500

with this blade im getting lots of breakup

if i put pressue on the coax screw that screws to the box... the channel clears. on some cannles that is...

Last edited:
just check that you have chosen the right sat.. 28.2E.... you prob have done this already .....

then do a blind scan.. under channel search, option 2 change from auto scan......

then press menu > system settings > scroll down to blade online and d/l you nearest channel list....

press the group button on your remote ans select which group you want....

the last channel at the end of each group is your 7 day epg.. leave it on that channel for a min or 2 and let the epg populate ... done

You are on the latest firmware any way, "Latest stable version for the Blade Media BM7000s - 05/01/12 - RECOMMENDED"

i honestly think this one has a knackered tuner....

the dish and cable are quite new and work fine in the original sly HD box.. and also with a dm500

with this blade im getting lots of breakup

if i put pressue on the coax screw that screws to the box... the channel clears. on some cannles that is...

another knackered box, i dont believe it.... you need to get your self a rabbits foot or something lol

i think ive done most of that mate, apart from:

the last channel at the end of each group is your 7 day epg.. leave it on that channel for a min or 2 and let the epg populate ... done

when im watching a working channel... if i move the box. the channel breaks up and i get the no or bad signal error.

im just reading a thread on another forum.. a guy with the 7000 was having very similar problems..

it turned out to be a faulty lnb?

**edit**

cant be that though.. because when i push the plug the picture clears...

**** it... its going back!!

@Pete_London: DONT buy from that link i sent you!!!

Last edited:
Back