bittornado slow after router connected

dhally

Inactive User
Reaction score
can some1 pls explain to me how i can sort out my download speed as it has drop down very slow now i have a motorola sb4200 modem which is connected to a netgear mr814v2 router. before i got speed upto 100 kb but now it is about 3-10 kbs as u can see a big drop pls help thanks

Sounds like yer router is locking up due to the load, or as P2P applications open and close a lot of ports on your router. The router is not releasing them quick enough.

sounds like you have not opened the correct ports on your router mate
Have you opened up the necessary ports mate? use port forwarding.
Example, if your computer ip address is 192.168.1.10 you need to first find out what ports need to be opened “use google” then go in to port forwarding on your router type in the port number that need to be open and direct traffic to your ip 192.168.1.10

Capdan

yes. I agree with capdan.
Best way to find out the port being used by bittornado is to look within the programs options.

write down the port number, go into the routers config screen (manual should point you to something like 192.168.2.1) and set up the router to port forward that port. Unfortunately, I cant really give you a proper step by step because all routers have slightly different setups but the basics would have to be to find the settings relating to virtual servers and set the port forwarding up there.

Oh, nearly forgot, easiest way to find your local private ip bindind is by going into comand prompt and typing ipconfig /all.
Look for the ip address to say something like 192.168.1.x
This is the binding address to use.

Hope weve helped you mate

Back