Big problem vu solo 2 clone

DDC 150 e2 is much better as you can paste talnet conmamds in is your box getting a ip address from your internet and have you try flashing a different image !!

And have you checked the internet cable is pushed in at each end and is the green light showing on the back of your vu solo2 .

If i was you i would factory reset the box and make sure internet is connected go through the setup setting again hopefully you get internet connected then worry about DCC because without a ip address from your box your just pissing in the wind man trying to connect to DDC without a ip for the box.

one thing that gets overlooked is powering off at rear box and router for 30 secs then on, to regain a lan link and not sure if you want to discover an e2 box on network i have samba enabled running vix ,i use that for viewing recordings from hdd boxes on my network.

reading this thread and the other thread

dont think he can grasp
what to do with anything
he needs to read more
and then try things for himself

cuz hes going round in circles

the vu solo2 have a ip... i have seen my ip of my vu solo2 in the menu of vu solo2...but in dcc , it dont reconize the ip of my solo2...So i will try the dcc 1.50 ...

wich password i have to use with dcc 1.50 for vu solo 2 with image BH 2.9.0.1...?

thanks

I'd just reflash the box with a safe working image here from the downloads, AJT has a class backup uploaded.
Enter your details & then when up and running connect through DCC.
Would probably sort your problem out mate.

Suttsy.

It should be username= root password = dreambox and have a look through the the threads as ferret posted a step by step guide on how to use DCC with your box.

What version of windows are you useing and keep trying a least your having a go it,s the only way you,ll find out.

You know ive been following this thread now for 2 days,and thank u for the members,theyve answered all the questions like i would have done,but come on mate,how hard can this be!!

1.-Download DCC
2.-Start DCC
3.-Find IP adres of ure box,this you can find here menu/systems/network/options,if there isnt a IP adres then u are not connected to youre network!
4.-Put IP adres on DCC,left u have the IP of ure computer and right from ure box
5.-Login and password = root dreambox
6.-Push "reconnect" button and then the connection becomes green!

this what i just wrote,people saying to you 3 4 5 days in a row and u still dont understand or wouldnt want to understand...

You are a real mysterie to me mate

Dirkjan73, sorry dont worry please, if im like that its because i tried to conect with dcc and all what you send me i did it but for example. So ma be i know why it dont detect my ip: If my DCC dont detect the IP of my solo2 so i have to put it manually in the dcc?

other questions: my cable ethernet is switch between my box of internet and the vu solo2 box....that all? i dont need to put the RS232 cable between the vusolo2 and the computer...?So if not, the computer dont conect with internet because internet is conected with my solo2 and my box of internet..

I give up...

I will try again...If u look to ure TV and ure box is on...Go to menu/system/Network/Network options There you will find ou if u have a IP adres OR NOT!

Just do that first!

EDIT:You cant have ur PC and Solo2 connectot to ure network WITH 1 CABLE!!!U need a ROUTER or a HUB or a SWITCH!

There you put the 1 cable of INTERNET and u have 4/6 other connections for ure PC and Solo2

Mate u need a Router or a switch!!

Last edited:
Back