bias password

nobby4uk

Inactive User
Reaction score
hope someone can help me out

i put a bios password on the lads pc (just messing about) whent to the pub and guess what forgot the fu**er..
and now it wont even lett me reformat,as its asking for the dam password.

cheers nob

there are differnt things u can do depending on he version/make of bios

often there is a jumper or switch that can be made that will wipe bios, normally make switch or move jumper and switch on for 10 seconds then switch off, move switch/jumper back.

or u can whip the battery out for 24 hours.

sometimes the above dont work and u do need a backdoor password, but again they are dependant on manafacturer.

post that info and may be able to help.

cheers no probs it's a

emachines 2240 i did have the restore disk but again feckered
it's not nicked either so i dont mind giving details

18 months old

cheers

what is a backdoor password???

what is a backdoor password???

it is a password the engineer who wrote the bios software uses that is like a super password that he uses during development work it overides anything.

do u know the bios type ie award, ami, pheonix etc.

i cant remember what emachines use, must be loosing my memory i worked on 2 emachines last week. lol. it wont say know when u boot but b4 when it booted it would have said on the screen what company bios.

if u cant remember ill have a loook on the net but it will be later gotta go out to work again :)

Just quickly looked

h**p://www.e4allinc.info/dir1/motherboards/socket478/D845GVSR.htm

looks like it an ami bios if this the 1, i have attached the manual for this motherboard.

on the above web site there is a flash bios update, i would advise this as a last resort.

give these ami bios passwords a try. u may have to reboot between each try of password.

AMI
AAAMMMIII
BIOS
PASSWORD
HEWITT RAND
AMI?SW
AMI_SW
LKWPETER
A.M.I.
CONDO

make sure u type in caps.

let me know how u get on cu l8r :)

Last edited:
I think you could try taking the battery out from the motherboard and using something like a screwdriver to short the circuit. I'm not sure this works all the time but i've did it before and it worked for me.

Hope this helps

remove motherboard battery out and reset mother board setting to default, this will sort your problem.

:Chainsaw:

Back