best way to stream content from my pc to tv

bigdaddy32

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi what im looking to do is stream sky go from my pc to my tv. my tv has a vga port but i would need about a 6 metre cable to basically make my tv my monitor plus i wouldnt really want trailing cables. is there a cheap way to stream it to my tv any input would be much appreciated Thanks

Tuff one,

I am not sure you could do it without a capture card or something, SKY GO has there own software, 6 Meter lead sounds the cheapest solution to be fair.

Sorry Bigdaddy not really that clued up on streaming from a PC to TV, but I think the stumbling block would be SKY GO itself.

Mick

If you had an ATV you can output your iPhone/iPad to the TV.

if i remember correct the skygo app will not work from ipad to apple tv . you could get a cheap graphics card with hdmi and then sound and video would be on one cable

As a cheaper alternative to an iphone or ipad, quite a lot of android tablets and phone output HDMI.

My Archos just mirrors the screen onto the TV so I can watch anything, even use the touch screen on the tablet as a touch pad when using the TV for a screen. Having compared it side by side to the ipad2 it does a way better job and the HDMI port is built right in so no need for any extra expense.

As a cheaper alternative to an iphone or ipad, quite a lot of android tablets and phone output HDMI.

My Archos just mirrors the screen onto the TV so I can watch anything, even use the touch screen on the tablet as a touch pad when using the TV for a screen. Having compared it side by side to the ipad2 it does a way better job and the HDMI port is built right in so no need for any extra expense.

Can confirm that this works , having borrowed my missus new Android tablet (very grudgingly).

I have noticed that tablet goes blank when plugged into tv, which is a bit difficult to manage the tablet ( if the streaming is not already running )

I queried this with Prestigio, and here is their response

Blank or Black screen is the special feature of the screen.:BLOBBY: Current firmware will not allow you to see it whilst connected to TV. You may go to Settings -> Developer Options -> Show Touches. In this way you'd be able to see your touches and navigation will go much easier.:Laugh:

Can confirm that this works , having borrowed my missus new Android tablet (very grudgingly).

I have noticed that tablet goes blank when plugged into tv, which is a bit difficult to manage the tablet ( if the streaming is not already running )

I queried this with Prestigio, and here is their response

Blank or Black screen is the special feature of the screen.:BLOBBY: Current firmware will not allow you to see it whilst connected to TV. You may go to Settings -> Developer Options -> Show Touches. In this way you'd be able to see your touches and navigation will go much easier.:Laugh:

I use a wireless mouse/keyboard so I can sit on the sofa whilst the Archos is plugged into the tv. :)

Back