iPad Best way to get an iPad in the UK

smithy69

Inactive User
Reaction score
Alright lads,

I want an ipad however theyre only on sale in america at the moment so what do you think is the best way to get hold of one?

Cheers

I read that there is a company/setup in America which buys the iPad for you and then sends it over to you, for a fee... Because they are no allowed to send iPads outside of the US? is that right? So you sign up for a shipping address in the US which is then forwarded on to you...

Probably cheaper that ebay.com

Look at this thread How to Pre-order your iPad now, from anywhere in the world. and this site USunlocked.com :: Get a US shipping and billing address and shop in the USA.

This may not be the best site, but there's enough there for you to go on and research into it I guess...

Just buy an i-pod touch and look at it through a magnify glass..

You havent got long to wait now have you? it is towards the end of this month I think.

There have been reported a number of issues, most likely teething issues like poor wifi and charging issues. So perhaps it would be better to wait that little bit more so the model released in the UK would have all these issues resolved.

quality mate, already jailbroke :D

Only bummer is I got us mains adapter, was planning to charge via usb but the pc usb isnt powerful enough so ive just ordered a usb power plug as ive lost all mine lol

Just buy an i-pod touch and look at it through a magnify glass..

I saw somewhere, cant remember where now a iphone dock. this is just a large pad that you fit the phone into the back and it turns it into an ipad

they look the nuts like i must admit, but for the money id rather have a mid to high end laptop all day long, the specs are crap on them for the money they cost!

I've just been playing with one.

Very fast (They don't multitask) and a sharp display. Quick change between applications.

I've just been playing with one.

Very fast (They don't multitask) and a sharp display. Quick change between applications.
if you jailbreak mate and put backgrounder on it will multitask, the only reason im buying 1 is because its jailbreakable, cant wait till the 28th!!!

im also gunna get the keyboard with dock and a bluetooth mouse so its more useable and can act as a sort of desktop!

'm just going to wait for iphone 4g, and i rather have a lappy for that price tbh.

A must be getting old, it looks like a pile of jobbies to me.
Its a big iPhone with no camera,no usb or firewire ports,no flash,no multitasking,no widescreen,no hdmi out,restricted apps (unless jailbroken),crap size hard drive,crap wi fi,battery cannot be removed and its price tag is stupid.
Why would anyone replace their notebook or lappy for that?

Is it because its shiny and made by Apple?lol;)

im not replacing my sony laptop mate, dont really know why i want it tbh, just looks fun and cool i guess, it will never replace my lappy for all the things you mention, i just want 1 lol!!!

and with the keyboard dock and wireless mouse next to it you have to admit it looks the nuts!!!

Back