Best way to dispose of some fence panels.

Lanstrom

Inactive User
Reaction score
Having my fencing replaced and I have 18x 6.5' panels (and a few 4') to get rid of. The skip hire companies want about £75 but I am reluctant to pay to have the panels removed when its bonfire night and someone must want some wood to burn. Alternatively the panels could be reused as they are not all rotten?

Whats the best way to get rid of them fast (this weekend) ? Is it just a case of sticking them on freecycle ?

if u cant till bonfire night then take them down to ur local waste/disposal yard and get rid of it there..

if u cant till bonfire night then take them down to ur local waste/disposal yard and get rid of it there..

Trouble is there are 18 of them (only got a small car) and my local "recycling centre" is a good 40 mins round trip so I would have to make loads of journeys :(

stick panel outside house with sign on 18 panels good condition free collect only

Having my fencing replaced and I have 18x 6.5' panels (and a few 4') to get rid of. The skip hire companies want about £75 but I am reluctant to pay to have the panels removed when its bonfire night and someone must want some wood to burn. Alternatively the panels could be reused as they are not all rotten?

Whats the best way to get rid of them fast (this weekend) ? Is it just a case of sticking them on freecycle ?

where are you based, planning on fencing garden so save a few quid and take them off your hands

freecycel ftw..

get rid of fair bit on there as some cracking numbers for myself..

tho the uk version is now called freegle..

long story to do wit the way us contolled things

I just had some doozer from an indian call centre on. After about 10 mins of his waffle and me just saying pardon so he had to repeat everything I finally said 'Don't suppose you want any fence panels do ya ?' ... everyone in my office nearly p*ssed em selves :)

i would just burn the pieces of wood, it is bonfire night soon anyway or give em to the people who build bonfires.

am i not allowed to say to burn them as my last post was deleted

I dont mind someone taking them to burn but I gotta find that person first.

I have been round a few pubs (stopping for a bevvy of course) and none of them are interested in bonfires nowadays (just fireworks).

I guess its seen as unenvironmentally friendly now :(

I dont mind someone taking them to burn but I gotta find that person first.

I have been round a few pubs (stopping for a bevvy of course) and none of them are interested in bonfires nowadays (just fireworks).

I guess its seen as unenvironmentally friendly now :(

try the youth centre or an organisation who makes the bonfires for the public.

leave them in the drive with a sign on...i just got rid of fouteeen that way,,one fella carried 8 of them 2 miles down the road as they were too big for his car...what a funny sight,,i was on the floor..and it was windy

a sign saying help yourself to wood and it will go ,other people that have wood burning stoves find any wood boots,clothes etc will burn away giving them free
heat:Clap:

Afaik, its actually illegal to burn all treated and painted woods so the next best option is probably simply to take them to your nearest waste tip and dispose of properly.

Afaik, its actually illegal to burn all treated and painted woods so the next best option is probably simply to take them to your nearest waste tip and dispose of properly.

I was thinking the same thing, if they have been treated then I you definately can't burn them indoors and possibly not outdoors depending on what you have treated them with.

this was over a year ago, if the op still has them, i suggest breaking them up in pieces(so they fit in your wheelie bin) and let the bin men take them. but i guess they have already gone!!!!

Back