best method of downloading movies games etc

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
hi guys

what is the best method of downloading movies games etc i currently use bit torrents but not too much about to be honest , ive read about newsgroups but unsure are the reliable and fast any comments would be appreciated.

:Cheers:

Newsgroups - you are downloading from a server and not dependent on other peoples upload speeds. Most premium servers also don't log any d/l so safer than BT.
If you get an unlimited account you'll download as fast as your connection can take.

hi m8 definently go for newsgroups there is no upload speed and you get 100% of your download speed i use newzbin.com for my server and it only costs 25p a week.

which newsgroup is the best for latest movies dvdr and xbox games etc and how do u pay them?

Easynews.com mate its been great for me 20gig amount and what you don`t use they roll onto the next month, you can also use there server to que the dloads and zip them up.

giganews $24.99 per month for totally unlimited download/upload.
get $5 off first month using this link http://www.giganews.com/?c=gn28174 , if you open an account they give you 1gig free to try before you need to pay anything

People your all being robbed :p

http://newshosting.com/ - Unlimited - $14.95

I've used them for around 4 years now, I have my 10mb connection maxed out when downloading and no issue with missing parts always able to repair with par files.

madmunky said:
People your all being robbed :p

http://newshosting.com/ - Unlimited - $14.95

I've used them for around 4 years now, I have my 10mb connection maxed out when downloading and no issue with missing parts always able to repair with par files.

how many days of retention mate?

Prefer using private bitorrent trackers myself. Always guaranteed to max out your line, files hash checked and collected into one easy clickable link. Used to use newsgroups but too much hassle for me with par files and what have you. Find everything I used to on the newsgroups and its free too

newsgroup help

anyone have a good tut for downloading from newsgroups? getting tired of using p2p and torrents

Dont suppose anybody has got any reliable free newsgroups? Dont need that much and am used to using programs like Kazzaa Lite etc. Havent used newsgroups for years but am intrigued as it seems to be the way forward now

signed up to usenext yesterday for 14 days trial, pretty easy to use. got a film and a couple of audio books, not as fast i hoped though( i only got a 1 meg connection ) and there dosnt seem to be as many files as torrent sites although all the files i have downloaded have worked so far. still it costs money and i dont download that much so i might stick with bearshare after the trial

google for a newsreader program like grabit then search for a nzb file forum and away you go
i recently signed up @ 100proofnews and can d/l @ 131k from a 1 meg connection :)

icks83 said:
anyone have a good tut for downloading from newsgroups? getting tired of using p2p and torrents
Try Slyck.com lots of answers there. :)

Wow, very complicated! Thanks for advice, need through that web site now....

Back