Best Box

bonter

Member ++
Reaction score
I can't believe I just put in a search for best box and got nothing yet I've seen this question asked hundreds of time's. Anyway my son's mate just called round and asked if I could set him up with one I showed him mine and he was over the moon. But I told him you don't want one of these their crap (TM 800 HD) he does not need a twin tuner so is it VU or DM or is there some thing else out now? He would like to record if possible?

Would think a clone dm800SE with a8p sim would do him, or if money is no object a VU+ solo2 is very impressive spec wise.

Am a bit confused looking at the VU+ solo 2 and it says it has twin tuners? does this not mean you have to run two cables to it?

Am a bit confused looking at the VU+ solo 2 and it says it has twin tuners? does this not mean you have to run two cables to it?

You do not need to run two cables to it. The twin tuners gives you a few options one being the ability to record a programme while watching a different one on the same satellite.
It could also allow you different setup options. i.e fixed dish on one tuner, motorised (or different satellite position) setup on the other tuner.
So if you had a single lnb on a sky dish you would just run one cable to one of the tuners and screw it in.
But if you have a twin tuner you might as well use the extra tuner as the cost of the cable is not a huge difference to be honest.
Hope that helps

Last edited:
Again I am confused does this not mean that because you are only using one cable you are only making use of one tuner? So the other tuner is in effect null and void.

To make full use of a twin tuner receiver you need two cables. This will allow you to record one channel whilst viewing another.

Sky+ boxes are twin tuner receivers.

So why do they call this a solo2 ? When they also have a solo2 twin? It just confuses the f*** out of simple people like me

for the price of a clone DMM or Vu, which you have to be carefull what images you load onto them, you can now get a single tuner linux TM receiver like the nano or single, they may not have the amount of images available that DMM and Vu has, but, they have all the same plugins, are supported by the OE-A which includes ViX and other teams, and are not made 'on the cheap'

Back