Best Antivirus/Spyware

lasor

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

I am looking for advice on the best antivirus, firewall and spyware software, paid or free..

I know all have different opinions and it would be great to hear some views..

May even be worth setting a poll if there isnt already one?

Thanks

Last edited:
i use bitdefender 9 professional plus. should've paid 4 it but done the you know what and got it for nowt. i've found it very good and the firewall is top notch.

if anyone wants itwlet me knoe and i'll upload it to yousendit or some thing

krazy

I use avast at home which I think is enough to catch most. Also hardware firewall recomended if possible. One thing about avast is to disable sounds because it's not fun if your watching a film or listening to music when a loud voice annonces that the virus database has been updated at full volume!

Download HijackThis and learn how to use it. Excellent little tool.

I use Adaware and Spybot for spyware, but i must say hijackThis is the best tool, this has got me out of a few reformatting corners.

Normally find a good guide how to use by giving it a google.

I use AVG free with Windows fire wall, just check for update every couple o days and my pc runs clean and healthy.
OH NO what av i said, thats tempting fate lol.

I have used AVG for a few years now and it works great, recently used NTL free antivirus on my broadband with them ,and had to reformat my computer as it locked up,so back to AVG

I use AVG free with Windows fire wall, just check for update every couple o days and my pc runs clean and healthy.
OH NO what av i said, thats tempting fate lol.

AVG sucks and Windows firewall only blocks incoming connections :proud:

I bet you any money that if Kaspersky & NOD32 were to have a fight. NOD32 would kick Kaspersky's ass no problem!!!!

lol

NOD32 all the way for me

anti-virus

I cant belive not one person uses F secure its made massive strides in 2005/2006 and has to be recognised as one of the best Norton Done the damage an 2004 and cant really improve much apart from the regular updates
hence PC world still use norton 2004 AVG made waves also in 2005 with theres free antivirus and won awards and is simple to use.

Lavasoft Adware is free and has to be the best spy squasher out there
download the pro version and get ad-watch sitting on gaurd 24-7 on your desktop.

Why not download the free trials and see what you like but for me its deffo
lavasoft adware SEpro and F-secure oh and what a novel in the other post
Im a hacker ( Im a hacker ) tell the world mate lol :Chainsaw:

Back