Bench amplifier?

digicol

Inactive User
Reaction score
North East England, but nowhere near Dutcho!!! Ba
My buddy over the road has just picked up a nice looking (and sounding) Bench 5.1 amp with speakers. It is sitting under his TV and looks very nice, all chrome silver finish. I am not an audiophile in any way shape or form whatsoever so has anyone ever heard of the company 'Bench' within the audio market?

Obviously I am not expecting them to be anything special, but would just like to see if there are any websites on them.

The reason I am asking is because he has a Pioneer setup coming next week so will give this to me for the £20 he paid. Just wondering if I am getting a little gem or not. Either way it is worth more than £20 to me as it looks and sounds pretty wicked.

Never heard of it tbh. Are you sure it is Bench and not BenQ.

I thought Bench was the designer clothing lable.

like earwig says i've only heard of bench clothing , but as for the amp etc if you like what you see and hear from it then snap his hand off for £20

I haven't heard of them and I have HiFi equipment from 25 years back.

Right I have now got this in my house, it is actually an e-bench KH02 system. Apparantly cheap Chinese, or should I say, top of the range Chinese stuff lol.

Anyway I think it looks really nice and classy, my mate has rigged his new Panasonic system up and he says that this Bench thing is much louder and punchier, but the Panasonic blows it out of the water for clarity.

But for £20 I am well happy. Considering I know naff all about audio and usually use bog standard TV speakers this will be a welcome addition to the bedroom. :) Apparently this setup costs something like 150 euros new, well at least it did when it was on the market a couple of years ago, so again £20 is a great price. It is immaculate condition also. :)

3 cheers for the cheap Chinese stuff......

Right I have now got this in my house, it is actually an e-bench KH02 system. Apparantly cheap Chinese, or should I say, top of the range Chinese stuff lol.

Anyway I think it looks really nice and classy, my mate has rigged his new Panasonic system up and he says that this Bench thing is much louder and punchier, but the Panasonic blows it out of the water for clarity.

But for £20 I am well happy. Considering I know naff all about audio and usually use bog standard TV speakers this will be a welcome addition to the bedroom. :) Apparently this setup costs something like 150 euros new, well at least it did when it was on the market a couple of years ago, so again £20 is a great price. It is immaculate condition also. :)

3 cheers for the cheap Chinese stuff......

e-bench, I think they were a Lidl special a couple of years back.

Back