Benazir Bhutto 'killed in blast'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately Musharraf will regain power,pro-western leader,sad to say this outcome will benefit the western countries.

You make it sound like that's a bad thing. Also I'm amazed how people seem to have forgotten her past like the corruption charges

You make it sound like that's a bad thing. Also I'm amazed how people seem to have forgotten her past like the corruption charges
I think people are well aware of her past - its the manner in which she was murdered that was needless.

well i hope if it ever went that bad and did end up in civil war that brown and bush keep there noses out and dont get us involved like they like doing every where else :(

Couldn't agree more because (my opinion) if Pakistan does go ahead with democracy I'd bet everything I have that it wont belong before it's an Islamic state and we all know how nice those countries are.

I think people are well aware of her past - its the manner in which she was murdered that was needless.

Again it's been pointed out that she herself made it easier for the extremists to carry this out. It's also been pointed out that it's nothing to do with this country or the west and I totally agree with that.

Personally there is something called tact that people on here dont seem to use.
End of day she has been murdered and others have been killed because of the assassination.
People have short memories arent we screwing the system so technically we are as bent as she is.
Kettle calling black i think.

It is very sad that she has died as she was someones mother,wife and sister so we should respect that, but we shouldn't forget that she raped the countries wealth for her own personal gain and was responsible for the rise of the taliban in Afghanistan during her terms in power. These are the same guys that are killing our troops now.

So far as civil war goes there is no chance as the president is way too stronger leader to let that happen to Pakistan. Its a blow for him as Bhutto standing opposite him in elections would have legitimised the election process and now it may seem farcical with no real major political opponent.

If we look back to her two stints in power she failed miserably and ultimately failed the people of her country with her corruption and personal agenda. Its a sad loss for her loved ones and fans but not for the future of Pakistan.

Totally agree with you mate. Its a sad situation for her people, but we musn't forget the millions she stole. Although she denied the charges she was found guilty for money laundering (i think) in Switzerland a few years ago. Musharaff had stabiility back into the country until the last 12 months or so. Bhutto's assassination was a matter of 'when' and not 'if' especially after the first attempt that did not succeed.

You know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if he is doing it to get a reaction then he is succeeding and some of the language on these posts are getting terrible you can put ur opinion across without swearing. There are quite a few on here now who love to stir it and ive fallen victim to it on numerous occassions. Best to leave admin and mods sort it without lowering ourselves to the ones who stir's level always 2 ways to skin a cat

thats one post agreeing with someone who is slating herbie to the ground

Vixen said:
I think the herbie bashing is a bit uncalled for as well. I think he is the only one in this thread that has spoken any sense on this matter.

Well said I am more worried about things closer to home in the UK Think we need to sort our country out first and get our priorities right .

then one agreeing with herbie

nothing in it, i just find this a bit of a turn around :)

Lol, it's a womans prerogative to change her mind. :Laugh:

its even worse when they just look at you, and say 'you KNOW what!!!'

theyre a wierd breed lol, cant live with them, and not allowed to chop them up when your done with them and post bits to all your friends either

Im with herbie on this one.. she was a small women in a big world.. she had to die for a reason... Okay the mannor she was killed wasnt good but look at how Saddam Hussain was killed... Well out of order..

You may think who cares, saddam deserved it.. But i think he should be in power today... if he was we would have a stable east.. (Apart from Afgan)..

To kill a man for his oil and create more problems in the long run will only make the oil you killed him for go up in price...

To me the east is well past it..

If you want corruption in pakistan then go visit Nawaz sharif....

Im with herbie on this one.. she was a small women in a big world.. she had to die for a reason... Okay the mannor she was killed wasnt good but look at how Saddam Hussain was killed... Well out of order..

You may think who cares, saddam deserved it.. But i think he should be in power today... if he was we would have a stable east.. (Apart from Afgan)..

To kill a man for his oil and create more problems in the long run will only make the oil you killed him for go up in price...

To me the east is well past it..

If you want corruption in pakistan then go visit Nawaz sharif....
You may be right about her needing to go, not sure if she had to die - maybe prison would have been better etc.

But to be murdered by a suidicde bomber, thats the bit I think many of us are upset over - all of the other people around her at the time who were killed or injured. Did they deserve that? From looking at the photos of the blast site, it looks like a number of her supporters were killed/injured.

After all, this is the season of goodwill? I also note that Al Qaida seem to be to blame for this.

O Nara your ever so funny :roflmao:

But I hope your not going to start beating on Vixan again?

herbie, given that you upset a number of peope with your previous comments on this thread, do you think you have anything constructive to add on this topic?

You may be right about her needing to go, not sure if she had to die - maybe prison would have been better etc.

But to be murdered by a suidicde bomber, thats the bit I think many of us are upset over - all of the other people around her at the time who were killed or injured. Did they deserve that? From looking at the photos of the blast site, it looks like a number of her supporters were killed/injured.

After all, this is the season of goodwill? I also note that Al Qaida seem to be to blame for this.

No i didnt say that..

For the record she didnt die from a single Bullet, She died from some sort of motion which sent her into the sunroof thus killing her.. proberly the explosion.

Ive not really seen the videos on the news because ive been working.. all ive seen is some asian men hitting a bus that was on fire with a stick :lsabre:

All her Family are dead apart from a cousin living in the UK.. now thats sad... but she knew how her family died and knew she would get the same treatment... but im not condoning anything... shes simply another person dead for reasons which we will never know the full truth..

I think the herbie bashing is a bit uncalled for as well. I think he is the only one in this thread that has spoken any sense on this matter.QUOTE]

Well said I am more worried about things closer to home in the UK Think we need to sort our country out first and get our priorities right .[/QUOTE]

I'm intrigued?what do you define as priorities,hand on heart that you think Herbies responses are well reasoned?

No i didnt say that..

For the record she didnt die from a single Bullet, She died from some sort of motion which sent her into the sunroof thus killing her.. proberly the explosion.

Ive not really seen the videos on the news because ive been working.. all ive seen is some asian men hitting a bus that was on fire with a stick :lsabre:

All her Family are dead apart from a cousin living in the UK.. now thats sad... but she knew how her family died and knew she would get the same treatment... but im not condoning anything... shes simply another person dead for reasons which we will never know the full truth..
Sorry Kalipo, I wasnt having a dig. She died from a suicide bomber running up on her in a crowd and blowing up her car. It looks like it was a security nightmare for her staff. Check the BBC news site when you get a chance.

For me personally, and I think for a few others here the fact that she was killed in this way is the shame. I know she was no saint.

I think the herbie bashing is a bit uncalled for as well. I think he is the only one in this thread that has spoken any sense on this matter.QUOTE]

Well said I am more worried about things closer to home in the UK Think we need to sort our country out first and get our priorities right .

I'm intrigued?what do you define as priorities,hand on heart that you think Herbies responses are well reasoned?[/QUOTE]

some of his sentiment is well reasoned, however his activities in trying to get a response from others in this forum are quite uncalled for.

I think that he could have used more sensitivity in his tone whilst expressing his opions as well. After all, most of us are at home with our families enjoying christmas and new years, so not many of us would be totally uncarnig when something like this happens.

As the mods/admins have stated in the other thread, maybe we all need to be a little more thick skinned over comments like this. Its just that maybe he could be a little more constructive in his opinions.

On a personal note, I dont agree with Herbies opinion on this matter - but then again I dont need to agree or disagree as he is entitled to express an opinion here.

they kill themselves no need for anyone else to invade etc

amount of corruption there is there its unbelievable

apart from the army is strong i agree but musharraf is a muppet and im sure he is behind this attack

For someone to get so close after the recent attempt, i wouldn't be suprised if he was behind this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back