Bellamy v Souness

8780davy

New Member ++
Reaction score
i guess most of you have read the saga at newcastle with craig bellamy refusing to play on the right wing, instead of up front as a striker.
its goes without saying that no footballer or manager is bigger than the club.

bellamy has played out of position for most of this season with little affect.
the fans know, and craig bellamy knows that he is better suited as a striker,
unfortunatly the manager thinks that he knows best.

both camps are guilty of letting newcastle down.
bellamy for his petulant attitude, and souness for his poor man management.
both player and manager should have kept quiet on TV, and resolved this issue behind closed doors.
the newcastle fans are split on the above issue, some saying bellamy must go, others saying souness must go, me i think their both prats and have showed how petty both can be.

i like most other toon fans would prefer to see newcastle in the headlines for the right reasons, and not how badly the club is being run by the chairman and manager and how the players perform off the field.

its not often i criterise my club but sometimes it has to be done.

all comments welcome.

8780davy
toon fan

You will find souness will get rid of the players he does not like, or cant get on with....he will then bring in overrated rubbish.....and his feeeder team rangers.

I gotta say I was gald when he left us to go to you......pmsl:)

I agree with Mairyhinge I think Souness is a shite manager, all he's good at is having a rant and rave, I can see Newcastle going down hill fast under he's management, I still can't believe their board got rid of one of the best English managers of all time (yes...Robson) they'll soon realise they've fecked up but it may be to late

I would say souness is a good manager.....but only for the smaller teams who do not have the big players.He worked wonders for blackburn when he took over, but as soon as he got some good big players in, it all went pear shaped......

He would be one of the best 1st Div manager, but he aint a good prem manager, as his man managment is shite with the big boys....and Newcastle will be the next leeds....because he wil spend spend and spend

i agree with all u guys on this 1. although a manu fan i think geordies were wrong in getting rid of sir bobby. iv never rated souness the scouser n probably never will!
i don't understand y the toon army got him in the first place. he didn't really have a proven track record unlike sir bobby.
as for bellamy he needs 2 learn that one player is not bigger than the club. he was wrong to do the interview on sly sports news as then he made the matter public n a little embrassing 4 the geordies!

Fook I'm pleased I'm a mackem.... It warm's my heart to hear of this latest upset in the camp. Shearer going at the end of the season as well, looks like all the rats are leaving thge sinking ship :)

dutcho
free speech i what forums are all about, and i have to laugh at the fact that i gifted you this opportunity to get a dig in about the geordies.

never mind I'll be waiting, its only a matter of time before i get a chance to return the favour.
third is no bad but does not get you automatic promotion.
and your not very good at the playoffs. : grim :

8780davy
toon army :)

lol @ Wiz. I think thats the irony of it all in the first place maybe, since they let Solano go. Hope you get him m8 ;). But rumours are that Liverpool might be into him, or Stoke pmsl.

I seem to remember that it was Souness that let the cat out of the bag, when he was interviewed after the match.
So where's the professionalism there? He should have kept his mouth shut!

8780davy said:
dutcho
free speech i what forums are all about, and i have to laugh at the fact that i gifted you this opportunity to get a dig in about the geordies.

never mind I'll be waiting, its only a matter of time before i get a chance to return the favour.
third is no bad but does not get you automatic promotion.
and your not very good at the playoffs. : grim :

8780davy
toon army :)

PMSL at least we know where pants :) Oh I miss us playing each other though :( Good banter

if newcastle would have landed sam alladice like there first intentions was i dont think this would be talked about

im sorry to say to any newcastle fan but it was time for bobby to go... i do not however agree with how newcastle treated him it was awful as he is a legend in football and in eveyrones hearts they/we all love bobby!

but it was time for him to leave....

however a club as big as newcastle should never have apointed souness it must be hard to find any managers nowadays but i think newcastle could have done better than souness.

and to answer the first question with who should stay or go between bellamy or souness:

if you offfered me souness to come to my team then NO NO NO

if you offered me bellamy as a striker then i would take him.

My 2bobs worth

When Chelsea play Newcastle the first player I hope they don't have available is Bellamy I personally think he is one of their best players, why the feck souness has even thought about playing him out of posistion says it all, this is just the start of it me thinks

Back