Votes: 6 2.7%
  • JAPAN

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • OTHER

Votes: 42 18.8%
  • netherlands/Denmark/Sweden

Votes: 15 6.7%

• Total voters
france out of those for stella. my favourite though is carlsberg from denmark even though it is actualy brewed in the uk lol.

Belgium....

Mind you, Red Stripe is good stuff and that's Jamaican.

hate fosters, budweiser they are like piss water......cant beat a kronenberg or the ole wife beater (stella)....also like becks, heinken and carlsberg but need to be 'export'.... none of that local brewed shite

Tend towards drinking the australian brews as they are always on offer in the local off licence.
Summer nights lend themselves to an ice cold sol or corona with the obligatory lime. (never seem to get a hangover off this stuff)
And if the right guys are delivering to work I occasionally get the odd crate of "parallel" import belgium beer which hits the spot.
Wizbit77
(erm not that I drink a lot).

Czech beer for me. Staropramen & Budvar are superb.

I love staropramen.
It's a better stella ;-)

I like the imported stella as my normal drink tho, star is too expensive and the uk stella tastes a bit crapper than the belguim brewed one, I think its that sh1tty luton water (no offense to anyone from luton!)

Try polish beer its got to be one of the strongest and tastiest around.

One of the guys i work with , got married in poland the other week and there
were half a dozen or so big drinkers who went as well. They did not last too
long before they were all drunk as skunks, and they all admitted that the
beer in poland was alot stronger , and the beer they normally sup at home
was weak.

fezzy

Canned beer for me is Tennants is has by far the best taste of anything in a can. Out of the pumps i like the old english type brews cask pulled. As for draught lager stella is the one but not to many or the wife and cat get it. And i like them farm brewed cyderrrrrs had 2 pints in a pub in hereford this year and felt like i was having an out of body experience. I also like red wine, white wine, vodka, whiskey, gin, brandy and meths lol.

Join CAMRA http://www.camra.co.uk and take a trip to any beer festival in the UK. If you are not familiar with British Real Ales, you will be amazed at the variation and differences in flavour and character of all of the beers avaliable.

I can't be bothered with all this choice in pubs, gimme a pint of heavy and I'm happy or a can of McEwan's Export. :)

asahi or Karin jap lager for me 6% and no hangover. also its best drunk in the rupungi district of tokyo.

Belgium without a doubt. My favorite Stella Artois is about the weakest beer there......lol

Brother-in-law lived there for a few years and brought me back some fine beers from there. I can remember sampling a few 11% ones. Feckin' steaming.....lol

I agree with belgium..

The 11% ones were probably Trapiste, supposed to be brewed by monks. I got quite a taste for them when I was staying there.

Usually served in a small glass in some candle lit cellar LOL. I'm not keen on the blonde and dark beers from Belgium though, they don't half leave you with a stinking head.

They also sell Stella in 1.5Ltr glass bottles in every supermarket :)

@74ls138 blimey that brings back memories i seem to remember something calls triple trapiste that a load of us got totally wrecked on many years ago in some crummpy belgun pub/bar while we waited for ferry on the way back from all lads skiing holiday in italy......lol

most of the posts in this thread seem to be about largers not beers.

i drink both beer and larger depends how i feel.

my favorite Beers and brewers are

Fullers.......London Pride or ESB in my opionion dont bother drinking outside London it doesn't travel very well.

Mastons......Pedigree either at my local or any of the pubs in Burton-on-Trent.

there are a couple of chinese rice beers that are very nice i cant remember the names, but they have a very different taste/flavour

This is great, 1st post and I've found a thread about beer !!

I agree with belgium..

The 11% ones were probably Trapiste, supposed to be brewed by monks.

After a few, who cares who brews it :Cheers:
Belgium / Holland gets my vote.

Wish the weather was nice and have a nice pint out in the beer garden, now that I saw this tread!

Ireland

MMMMMMMMMMM Guinness

im with you on this one

nothing like bulmers cider to cool you down in the summer
and guinness to warm you up in the winter : snowman LOL:drink:

Has to be Ireland, a nice cold guinness on a nice warm day

If it is lager type, then please try the Polish beers such as Tyskie or Zyviece both can be bought at Tesco

Last edited:
Back