Been Out of the scene a few years

lagerlout

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've been out of the scene for quite a while, last time I hacked a hacked box it got banned just before the first LT came out.
I can see a lot has changed since then. Is there any guides I could read to catch up a bit?
Need to know about system updates? Saw something about flashing back to stock?
Do I have to get a new burner to play new games?
I've got an elite sitting here to be done, maybe even jtag if that possible?
Any direct help or links would be really great. Cheers

Last edited:
Got my connectivity kit and probe on order and I've had a look through the tut. Still not clear about the system updates though. Can someone fill me in on them at all please?

If it's a virgin do what it says in JF tut , update to latest dash first ;) Someone correct me if I'm wrong just saying what I would do.

Yeah will do mate but what I'm getting at is after its been flashed what then when it comes to system updates?

General rule of thumb at the minute is that for any "system DashBoard" updates, you should really flash back to stock, take the update, and then flash back to LT+ (saying that i did at 1st but after a true burn of GOW3 i got a massive update which i haven't flashed back to stock to take)

Prev depending on the dash if you tried to udpate you might have got an error when using iextreme etc. how ever is this a "virgin" drive then update dash, and then flash....just rar your file(keys) and then keep them some where safe.

Good luck bud

Thanks Guys, all went well cheers for the help. Just waiting for MW3 to download now so I can test it!

good work mate! and you will be buying the game of course! ha! nice to see that you done it man, you read what you needed and bought the tools and flashed. good work man

I trust you wont be going online with this MW3 , unverified as it is ;) Or any XGD3 for that matter. You know, until the ABGX update comes out. God I'm paranoid.

ha! skitz! wish I'd waited before going on the Forza dirty disk error, saying that just been reading on my xbox live account and there's a few "unrecognized" games with grayed out letters which probably didn't help the cause back in the day...lololol never mind that was well before the new drives and that came out for the pc.....

Back