been out of the loop...

rtj666

Inactive User
Reaction score
My Sly box has just packed up and i'll be damned if i'm paying them £60+ to come out and give me a new box so my options are:
  1. Buy a second hand box on eBay
  2. Get back into 'real' satelllite telly
  3. Tell Sly to take a long run off a short pier

I'm thinking of going for options 3 then 2 in that order. Failing that it'll be eBay for me.

Thing is: I've been out of the loop now for yonks, all the sites I used to visit are gone so i've no idea what's available now. Here's my set up:
Technomate 5000CI box
connected to an Astra/Hotbird monoblock with
Matrix Reloaded CAM
Black ICE Crypt/Joker CAM
and Funcards (flavours 4 and 5) with 'Elvis' programmer

Is it worth me getting the box out of the cupboard? Can I get some decent English channels? Some pr0n wouldn't go a miss too :D

Any advice on files I should get and what-not would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks guys!

it all depends what you want m8. if you want the stability that sly offers then by all means buy a 2nd hand box from fleabay,you can get them cheap enough.

but if you want real satellite tele then why not plug your tm back in,it wonr cost you anything.

there isnt anynew patches out for your box but with you having the cam you'll be able to recieve premiere,D+ and maybes tps and cabo.(i think lol)

they all show films that the language can be changed to english on most and all have XXX on.

thanks matey! I just got disgruntled with it coz i had everything years ago then the channels started dropping like flies! :D

What are the chances of finding an English Discovery/Nat. Geo Channel? Cartoon Network even? Good to know the pr0n is still out there... :D

As far as i know the matrix reloaded or joker cams do not have firmware available for D+ Premiere cabo or tps, are you sure this firmware is available Krazylegz?
Personally i think if you get that old equipment out then the cams, cards and programmer should be sold to cable users to help finance towards the purchase of a modern technomate 1500. But its just my view :)
Other than that stick with a dodgybox and sky subscription.

there was a latest file loaded onto you know where on the 23rd of this month so should be good for something admittidly you may need to change they keys for D+ though

If you are anywhere near Blackpool I have a digibox here you are welcome to, If not tell me what make and model your digibox is and the problem you are having, I may be able to help.

Kind regards....Keith..B.

If you are anywhere near Blackpool I have a digibox here you are welcome to, If not tell me what make and model your digibox is and the problem you are having, I may be able to help.
Kind regards....Keith..B.

Fraid not mate, i'm in Glasgow. But thanks for the offer though, much appreciated.

Basically it was working fine then no lights, no power, nothing. It's out of warranty so I opened the little blighter and the internal fuse was blown. Went to Maplin, bought a new fuse. Replaced it but still nothing. :(

Not sure of the make and model of it (at work just now) but will check tonight when I get home...

... also (forgot to ask): does one still need to 'acquire' 6in1 files for the Funcards? Or is it just a plain Jane Funcard and enter the keys via remote?

Come to think about it, do you even use Funcards now a days?! :)

Thanks for all the help folks, you've really helped me come up to speed quickly and I think i'll get the old box out at the weekend. The Technomate I mean... :D

funcards are basicly ice scrapers these days. if i were you i'd just buy a TM1500 and use that it'll save you a lot of hassel

Thanks guys.

I'll wait till Monday, phone Sly and see if they'll give me a replacement box (even though its out of warranty), if not then i'll tell them to stick their Sly where it hurts (the most) and buy a TM1500. Under £100 and patched sounds very reasonable to me. Seen that offer on a few places.

And if Sly don't pick their stuff up fast enough, the lot will go up on fleaBay along with my old TM5000 box :D

youll be alot better off investing about 90 quid on a tm1500, alot more footy than sky and alot more movies too! No monthly subs.

Was bored tonight and opened up the Sly box again, my replacement fuse has blown too, damn. So it seems that the box keeps blowing fuses... hmm... *reaches for the tin foil*
No, i'll try another fuse and try plugging the Sly box into my surge protector first to see if it still blows. If it does, then Sly blows too and i'll stick the lot on fleaBay :)

Speaking of fleaBay, spotted a few deals for a Technomate 1500CI Super for under £90 and that includes P&P... seems like a good deal to me from what i've seen for prices on other sites but is it a good price?

Also I use Linux on my comp and laptop (i'm a proper g33k me ;) ) could you guys point me in the right direction for the software used in patching (etc) the 1500 Super... ?? Just want to make sure I can get it running on Linux one way or another first before buying the box (software needn't be Linux specific, I have Windows' emulation and what-not I can try).

Thanks guys!

PS: I like this place... so shall be putting in a donation shortly. It's only fair.

Back