Been off the scene far too long - Need some refreshing

Well,

lol

Com Ports are irrelavnt, Id personally remov drivers and use portio

You are acting as if you want to use both at the same time.

WinAPI / PortIo

choose, then we (I) can assist

Last edited:
Well,

lol

Com Ports are irrelavnt, Id personally remov drivers and use portio

You are acting as if you want to use both at the same time.

WinAPI / PortIo

choose, then we (I) can assist
lol, I like the way you worded that last sentence!

The guide makes it seem like I need PortIO to get the drive into ModeB and then I need to use Win API to do the rest.

When you say remove drivers, you mean just the RAID drivers..correct?

Since it doesn't seem to be working without PortIO installed, I'll just go with that option.

So, where am I going wrong? HELP!! :)

Cheers

ModeB (is 2 things)

Debug mode for hitachi (drive state)

and a command in JF

To send ModeB (command) you need PortIO

You can have PortIO + use WinAPI

You can have PortIO and use PortIO (must remove via drivers)

Soooo

If you want to use PortIO (as xfer method) remove via drivers (as per tut)

Set via ports only in DVDKey32 (JF will alert of Status Code 39)

Send modeb (Hitachi Tab)

Ignore top right box, PortIO (xfer) only needs inquiry on port.

As you have PortIO selected as transfer method, it wont scan for hardware and you can use flashing options to manipulate drive.

ModeB (is 2 things)

Debug mode for hitachi (drive state)

and a command in JF

To send ModeB (command) you need PortIO

You can have PortIO + use WinAPI

You can have PortIO and use PortIO (must remove via drivers)

Soooo

If you want to use PortIO (as xfer method) remove via drivers (as per tut)

Set via ports only in DVDKey32 (JF will alert of Status Code 39)

Send modeb (Hitachi Tab)

Ignore top right box, PortIO (xfer) only needs inquiry on port.

As you have PortIO selected as transfer method, it wont scan for hardware and you can use flashing options to manipulate drive.
Ohhh I get ya now. So PortIO doesnt do enquiry on the Drive letter, it does enquiry and Flashing on the port.

xfer means transfer of commands right?

Okay, im gonna remove VIA drivers, then install PortIO and sent to VIA only.

then i'll try this again and if it finds the drive on the left hand side, then I'll do the flashing as per the tut regardless of what drive is selected in the drop down menu.

Sounds right?

Excellent.

Okay so It starts to dump the firmware using the ram upload method. But while the dots are increasing, it has a little message in the log that said "Dumped in 9032ms" and the the program disappears.

I am running it in windows 2000 compatibility mode. It is in ModeB as I confirmed it by ejecting the drive and I had to press it twice to close it and the software can eject and close the tray as well.

Any clues?

EDIT: Scratch that. Took it off compatibility and it worked. Guess reading old threads across the net isn't always a good thing! :p

WOOHOO! I did it.

Thanks a lot oggy, I live in uk and all who helped in this thread.

I have to ask, what is the next part in the tut all about? Spoofing the drive.

Is that to help when your drive has already been banned on xbox live?

Mine hasnt and I dont intend on using live. I also understand that if I want to use live without fear of being banned, I just have to make sure that the image of a game is checked with the abgx360 software. Right?

Thanks again

Nah, usually reading the tutorial composed by the team that created it helps ;)

WOOHOO! I did it.

Thanks a lot oggy, I live in uk and all who helped in this thread.

I have to ask, what is the next part in the tut all about? Spoofing the drive.

Is that to help when your drive has already been banned on xbox live?

Mine hasnt and I dont intend on using live. I also understand that if I want to use live without fear of being banned, I just have to make sure that the image of a game is checked with the abgx360 software. Right?

Thanks again

Hitachi is diff, the tutorial covers all the flashing options.

You only need restore/flashix 90% of the time.

If spoofing (changing dvd drives)

You will use flash keys / flash spoof data

etc.

Hitachi is diff, the tutorial covers all the flashing options.

You only need restore/flashix 90% of the time.

If spoofing (changing dvd drives)

You will use flash keys / flash spoof data

etc.
Sorry i didnt understand the first half of your post.

I get the second part. So if you change the dvd drive, the motherboard will reject the drive coz it doesnt match the serial number etc which is common between the original drive and the motherboard.

I popped in an old backed up game, Forza Motorsport 2, the disc is clean dna used to work, but it stills says that the disc is unreadable. It knows the game is FM2 when i go back to the dashboard after the error message and it shows at the bottom at the "open tray" bit.

I used a JML dvd disc cleaner but that hasnt helped and I've used a DVD lens cleaning disc.

Laser cant be duff coz it playes pro evo 6 (backed up)

Bad disc?

Sorry i didnt understand the first half of your post.

I get the second part. So if you change the dvd drive, the motherboard will reject the drive coz it doesnt match the serial number etc which is common between the original drive and the motherboard.

I popped in an old backed up game, Forza Motorsport 2, the disc is clean dna used to work, but it stills says that the disc is unreadable. It knows the game is FM2 when i go back to the dashboard after the error message and it shows at the bottom at the "open tray" bit.

I used a JML dvd disc cleaner but that hasnt helped and I've used a DVD lens cleaning disc.

Laser cant be duff coz it playes pro evo 6 (backed up)

Bad disc?

disc could be knackerd, drive tray could be dirty or lens may need cleaning

disc could be knackerd, drive tray could be dirty or lens may need cleaning
Don't say that.... :(

Well I hope it's just a knackered disc. Not the best of brand names, so it could be that. Now I gotta spend some dosh getting a dvd writer.

Anyone good with newsgroups or filesharing sites for you know what? ;)

I use to use giganews, but now use astraweb, seem very good, silmilar to giganews, just a lot cheaper :)

I use to use giganews, but now use astraweb, seem very good, silmilar to giganews, just a lot cheaper :)
I've never used any newsgroups before. I understand it's all about splitting RAR archives and working with the text representation of the archive. Is that right?

Is it like a forum or is it an upload site for text?

i use astra web also.

the files are split into 50000kb each for e.g.

a game is roughly 7gb so you have a load of 50000kb rars, each with these you will also get some quickpar files and these repair or replace the missing damaged files in that download. after using the quickpar just unrar the folder and the iso and dvd file will be there.

nzb are a lot quicker than torrents.

I a total n00b to Newsgroups. Why is astraweb talking about downloading when I thought newsgroups are where people go and place text in several posts like forums? I mean it is meant to be for news, so people are supposed to put "news" as text and then other users come and "read" that news.

Or are newsgroups and usenets different?

$10 a month or Shall I just do the One off each time I wanna use the site? What do you do?

Where can I get a Pioneer 112d from? It seems everywhere is out of stock.

What is a reliable alternative?

I got this PC: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00246016.pdf

I was thinking of using the drive in there, but every time I have used the burner to write to any double/dual layer discs, it always fails right at the beginning.

Alt Binz is a way of searching for binary files uploaded to a nzb/newsgroup site?

Is astraweb a NZB site?

QuickPar is to check and repair any corrupt downloads?

Alt binz is like torrent software, the file downloads in that program.

astraweb lets you download at full speeds

use quickpar on anything you download to make sure its all there and not corrupt and it will repair it

Back