Been off the scene far too long - Need some refreshing

Overpriced, useless, causes unnecessary problems.

Cheers oggy. I'll give it a miss then.

Okay so here is a checklist of what I need to do. Can someone let me know if i've missed anything out. Don't wanna muck anything up:

Read JF guide
Install SATA PCI card
Put iXtreme 1.5 hitachi firmware files into JF firmware folder
Hook up xbox as per JF instructions
Do the firmware update (doesn't matter if my xbox has been modified before using SLAX method, as this will restore to original firmware and it will allow me to revert to original firmware if i wish to do so down the line for ANY reason)
Purchase a Pioneer 112d dvd drive
Backup games and burn them using a good dvd dl r/w drive [any suggestions]
Play - lol

Cheers

the pioneer is the drive for burning m8 damn fine 1 as well :)
OOPS! Sorry my bad mate.

I knew I had done something wrong there!!

So I need to get a kreon drive and a Pioneer 112d drive.

I did read up a list of the kreon drives in a guide i think. Any suggestions for a good one and where the best place to get it would be?

OOPS! Sorry my bad mate.

I knew I had done something wrong there!!

So I need to get a kreon drive and a Pioneer 112d drive.

I did read up a list of the kreon drives in a guide i think. Any suggestions for a good one and where the best place to get it would be?

i asked the same question a few months back & i think it was oggy or some 1 else who said http://""".kreonxtreme.co.uk/ they delivered very fast for me not had a problem with the drive @ all

i asked the same question a few months back & i think it was oggy or some 1 else who said http://""".kreonxtreme.co.uk/ they delivered very fast for me not had a problem with the drive @ all
Excellent. Guess I'll have to settle for the samsung d162

Thanks

Do the firmware update (doesn't matter if my xbox has been modified before using SLAX method, as this will restore to original firmware and it will allow me to revert to original firmware if i wish to do so down the line for ANY reason)

You must specify "restore firmware"

Then, specify flash iXtreme

You must specify "restore firmware"

Then, specify flash iXtreme
Nice one mate.

Sorry if I sound like I'm repeating myself, but it's my fault for not asking the right question:

Will the "restored" firmware make the xbox look like it had never been modified?

I doubt I have to care for this, but in my experience, I always try and cover as many angles as I can :)

Gonna install the Sata PCI card now, so if anyone can reply in the next 10 mins, it would be gr8

Cheers

yes :) thats why its called restore :)

LOL i kno it sounds stupid, but coz I'm starting by using the JF on a modified drive and using a firmware probably taken from another original drive, Im jsut wondering how it would keep the serial number and other things that would probably be unique to the drive.

Have to go out in a bit so gonna leave this till later on tonight, prolly while im watching the recorded champions league game

LOL i kno it sounds stupid, but coz I'm starting by using the JF on a modified drive and using a firmware probably taken from another original drive, Im jsut wondering how it would keep the serial number and other things that would probably be unique to the drive.

Thats what JF does for you ;)

Takes the unique data, patches it into target (stock, or custom)

Man no luck so far.

Installed the PCI card using drivers I found on the net as the stupid ebayer didnt send the right driver cd. This could be why im hitting a dead end.

I have also deleted the viamraid.sys file from system32\drivers and reenabled the driver. I am using a VIA VC6421A PCI Sata Ide card.

Also installed PortIO32 (new version).

Hooked up xbox to PC with the video cable plugged in. Turned it on and waited. Then Started JF (0.1.65 beta). Drive is not detected under any of the ports for windows API or for port Io.

The drive has been flashed before using OPA Xtreme 7 in 1 v2 method. So By reading the guide, I understood that I can put the drive in ModeB by turning the console on with the drive tray ejected. That hasnt worked either.

I did read in another thread that I would need custom VIA drivers. Is that why im running into probs.

Do I need PortIO32? I have a Hitachi v78 drive.

Any clues people?

Cheers

Last edited:

It is a pre-requisite listed in the guide.
Thanks mate. I read that part and that's why i installed it.

Any clue what the custom VIA drivers are all about?

Am I doing anything wrong?

I even tried the SLAX CD but there is no activity after Kernel Loading is OK

OOOh so close.

So far:

Uninstalled the drivers and port IO.
Asked the seller for driver, tried to install that - got a faliure message.
Searched the failure and found a "better" driver
Installed that
Disabled and deleted RAID driver
Reenabled raid driver
Installed PortIO
Restarted PC
Turned on console
Started JF
Went through the different ports on the left and it came up on the second one
Tried SEnd ModeB in PortIO, it said ModeB done but when I clicked refresh, it said no hitachi drives found
Tried Send ModeB in Windows APi mode and that said no hitachi drives found

I did open drive first and it does respond to qindows enquiry and closes
Eject button does take 2 presses to get it to go in

Yet the hitachi drive isnt found.

I tried manual refresh. No luck

Any clues?

Now it shows a G: drive with the label: G:\ [0000000000000000000000000000]

This is my log:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Addition:

I read this in te guide:

PortIO functionality was added for VIA 6421 Sata users who removed drivers to hack the Lite-On drives without freezing issues. To enable PortIO usage, check VIA Ports Only under DVDKey 32 tab. WinAPI should used where possible, although WinAPI requires the drive to be assigned a drive letter, this isnt possible with a VIA 6421 with Drivers Removed.

This states that I don't need to give care about PortIO unless I want to or have been messing around with LiteOn drives. So if I havent been messing with LiteOn drives, I done need to remove the VIA drivers and I dont neet PortIO.

Maybe the removal of the drivers is causing my probs...

Addition:

I read this in te guide:

This states that I don't need to give care about PortIO unless I want to or have been messing around with LiteOn drives. So if I havent been messing with LiteOn drives, I done need to remove the VIA drivers and I dont neet PortIO.

Maybe the removal of the drivers is causing my probs...

most definately, just remember to remove them before you do a liteon

Your transfer method is WinAPI (currently)

DVDKey 32 / Via ports only -> check this box

Will report status code 39 and enable Hitachi using PortIO

Then, ignore the top right hand drop down box, thats for WinAPI - No drivers = No drive letter.

Thanks for replying guys. First of all, I'm sorry for posting so much in one go. I'll try to be concise here.

Okay, I uninstalled and reinstalled my VIA Card driver which I got from here: Download VIA VT6410/VT6420/VT6421/VT8237 VT8237 Raid 5.20c Driver for Windows NT / Windows 2K / Windows XP - Softpedia

I also disabled the PortIO driver, permanently deleted the driver files and then uninstalled the PortIO at the same time as uninstalling the VIA Card.

I then turned on the Xbox and then jungleflasher right after as before. This time there is nothing found.

Via Ports Only is selected and it shows Com 1.

@Oggy: When you say ignore the top right hand dropdown box, do you mean the com ports one or the drives list?

Also, The last part "No drivers = No Drive letter"...does this mean that if I have the incorrect driver installed for my PCI card, it will not show the xbox 360 as a drive letter in the dropdown menu?

Thanks for the assistance so far guys.

Back