Been off the scene far too long - Need some refreshing

Alt binz is like torrent software, the file downloads in that program.

astraweb lets you download at full speeds

use quickpar on anything you download to make sure its all there and not corrupt and it will repair it
Kool mate. I'll keep that in mind once I manage to find a way of burning backups.

Ahem *net* ahem.

Well I have a DL burner and it does anything BUT burn Dl's. I'm under the impression I need a drive like the Pioneer DVR112d to burn backups.

What would you suggest?

Ahem *net* ahem.

Well I have a DL burner and it does anything BUT burn Dl's. I'm under the impression I need a drive like the Pioneer DVR112d to burn backups.

What would you suggest?

are you sure your trying to burn the correctly?

right click the dvd file and choose burn with img burn.

you using dual layer discs aswell? not sure how much you no so thats why i ask if your using them discs.

my burner is samsung/hitachi.

are you sure your trying to burn the correctly?

right click the dvd file and choose burn with img burn.

you using dual layer discs aswell? not sure how much you no so thats why i ask if your using them discs.

my burner is samsung/hitachi.
Can't test at the mo coz I got no "backups". I posted a link earlier about the specs of my comp.

Yeah I got DL discs. I'll have to try again. Anyway I can get a game image wihout having to sign up?

Can't test at the mo coz I got no "backups". I posted a link earlier about the specs of my comp.

Yeah I got DL discs. I'll have to try again. Anyway I can get a game image wihout having to sign up?

if you dont wanna use nzb sites, just use the way you normally get them, nzb are just faster to download mate.

Found this site where someone else has my drive and probs (gwa-4083b) and it seems that they managed to get it to work with verbatims: h**p://club.cdfreaks.com/f98/xbox-360-burn-problems-clonecd-imgburn-log-nd-3500ag-gwa-4083b-262244/

So now the question is, where is the best, cheapest and most reliable place to get verbatims from?

i only use verbs and have never used anything else, these can vary from 1pound to 2 pound each depends where ya go and who has offers on.

am i right in thinking your from the gateshead area?

if so i go to computer orbit there and sometimes the have offers on but i went two weeks ago and they were two quid each. so it was £50 for 25, still cheap when you think how much your saving per game.

i only use verbs and have never used anything else, these can vary from 1pound to 2 pound each depends where ya go and who has offers on.

am i right in thinking your from the gateshead area?

if so i go to computer orbit there and sometimes the have offers on but i went two weeks ago and they were two quid each. so it was £50 for 25, still cheap when you think how much your saving per game.
I'm a londoner!! £2 isn't bad because success rate would be much higher and I'm saving bucketloads

Do i have to look for a specific brand? Mitsubishi etc?

Gotcha. I'll try my Aone discs first. If they fail, then I'll search for the cheapest before I buy :)

some of them burn at x8 mate but i have only used the ones that burn at x2.4, dont no if theres any diference but the price.

maybe someone else can enlighten us on this.

Play.com have 10 Verbs for £9.99 with free shipping.

Man it failed while burning. I checked it with abgx360 and it was fine

Right clicked the dvd file and clicked burn with imgburn.

I have the latest firmware for my drive (v1.19). Guess I have to purchase another burner that is proven to get the results.

Just that, this drive doesnt want to burn ANY DL discs no matter what I am burning. Stupid right?

Turns out after using Nero Info Tool that my drive is still v1.09 and not v1.19. Now that I need to upgrade it, i find out that my mum only just chucked away all the floppies I had within the last month!

Don't you just hate when that happens

Good news so far. I managed to find the floppies but it didnt work using a floppy; luckily the update could also be applied via a CD popped into the second drive.

Firmware updated (even though it said at the end that the drive already has the latest firmware). It has finally gone past the writing lead-in stage and it actually writing data to the disc. I set it at 2.4x

Fingers crossed

Tried burning 2 diff games to 2 diff DL disc typed, both burned successfully but gave verification error:

Failed to Read Sector 3245828 - Reason: ID CRC or ECC Error

Lots of sectors failed, eventully I would have to press cancel to stop verification.

Needless to say, the games didnt work in the xbox. Guess I gotta get a reliable burner.

Hold the phone.....one of the 2 games worked. I just jumped the gun when I typed the last message.

It worked on an Aone disc, so now time to try the first game on the same disc :)

Back