Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Been given a loan of a Spiderbox.

Possibly, but honestly I would buy one of these and I'd certainly reccommend them to family and friends.

When you look at what you get for the money, it's really hard to ignore it.

I guess some of you are saying "So why DON'T you buy one then, if they are so good?", well bottom line is I'd be bored shitless with it in a few days, it's just TOO easy TOO simplistic, there's no challenge, no learning curve, once it's up and running then that's it. Like many of you, I spend more time tinkering with my recievers than I do watching them, there's nothing to tinker with on this, it's just too nice and friendly.

Give me a clunky Linux box any day.

Toalie, is there any categorizing with the channels at all, or are they purely alphabetically stored after a scan ?

Toalie, is there any categorizing with the channels at all, or are they purely alphabetically stored after a scan ?

They aren't even arranged alphabetically mate, they are completely mixed up but a quick press of the 'sort' button allows you to have them displayed alphabetically. There's also a list at the left hand side of the screen which allows you to choose a letter of the alphabet, so choosing S will display all channels beginning with S. You can group channels by their frequency , FTA, encryption method etc.

I don't see any way to create bouquets though. All I can manage is to setup a Favourites list, one list for TV and another for Radio.

I didn't get a manual with the box, so maybe it does allow bouquets.

They aren't even arranged alphabetically mate, they are completely mixed up but a quick press of the 'sort' button allows you to have them displayed alphabetically. There's also a list at the left hand side of the screen which allows you to choose a letter of the alphabet, so choosing S will display all channels beginning with S. You can group channels by their frequency , FTA, encryption method etc.

I don't see any way to create bouquets though. All I can manage is to setup a Favourites list, one list for TV and another for Radio.

I didn't get a manual with the box, so maybe it does allow bouquets.

The box is now at the glasgow sorting office, so I should get it the mora.

Will have a play and see how I get on.

@ Rodbouy...

Grab the latest patches and copy them to a usb stick mate.

Manic01 has posted them in a sticky.

Press Fn2 on the remote and choose the patches etc, it's pure dead easy.

lol

Me?

Absolutely not mate.

Craig at EuroSky gave me a loan of it while I wait for my TM800 to be delivered. it's Craigs own personal box so I've not to let the kids pour piss into it or cover it in chocolate. :)

If the box was shit I say it was shit.

I quite liked the sound of it and I'm glad I've managed to get a wee play with one.

It's not all fun and laughter though. I've noticed one or two wee niggles as time passed. For example ccCam starts to glitch after an hour or so, nothing major, a wee 'click' every 20 seconds or so, but it will only go away if I reboot the box. The EPG is shit, showing only 'Now and Next', the Mediaserver feature is also shit, more than half of the movies I tried to play failed. The channel lists etc are shite too.

But these are fook all when you look at the quality of the picture, even SD images look great. It's ridiculously easy to setup, ccCam and Newcamd have never been as simple as this, everything is just so fecking easy, it boots up in seconds, patching etc won't be an issue to anyone, not even yer old granny.

They should rename it the EasyBox. :)

The market for this type of n00b box is bigger than the market for Linux boxes and IMO Darkman is on to a winner with this.

Right Bobi, can I get a free box now?

;)

Just at the wind up mate.

Theres very mixed reviews about the box, so i would need to get one to really see for myself.

@ Rodbouy...

Grab the latest patches and copy them to a usb stick mate.

Manic01 has posted them in a sticky.

Press Fn2 on the remote and choose the patches etc, it's pure dead easy.

lol

I, ah pmd him the other day when i was WAITING for mine to arrive. So got all the files waiting :)

Just need to lock the kids up the mora, so i can have the tv to my self then pass it over to the owner and if its as easy to use as you say, it will save me ear ache.

Last edited:
But these are fook all when you look at the quality of the picture, even SD images look great.
have you ever had a HD sat box on the same tv before ? or is it your first time watching "HD/Upscaled SD" on it ? :p
are you able to delete channels ? to get rid of dupes/regional etc, if so can this done from the remote ?

also after scanning is there a way to list "new/changed/updated" channels ?

Last edited:
have you ever had a HD sat box on the same tv before ? or is it your first time watching "HD/Upscaled SD" on it ? :p

Yes mate, I had a DM800 before.

are you able to delete channels ? to get rid of dupes/regional etc, if so can this done from the remote ?

Yes, you can delete all the stuff you don't want.

When scanning, any new channels appear white and older ones are grey.
I don't see any special indication that the channel is new etc once I'm back to the main channel list though.

The Dreambox would add an exclamation mark at the start of the name of the new channel, this doesn't - as far as I can tell.

have you ever had a HD sat box on the same tv before ? or is it your first time watching "HD/Upscaled SD" on it ? :pare you able to delete channels ? to get rid of dupes/regional etc, if so can this done from the remote ?

All new channels found seem to go to the end of the channel list once the scan is finished.

Another member bribed for a good review...

;)[/QUOTE

Now either buy one or stop slagging it off mate.
You tried to get a free stb from Bobi but failed, ever since you have slagged it off.
Acvcording to you all reviews are biased.
Now Witchy and Rodbouy questioned my review and thought it was biased bit now have tried for themselves.
Eurosky loaded Witchy his as TM let Eurosky down with TM 800 and Eurosky did the right thing by helping a customer out.
Rodbouy bought his and is happy

If you don't own one or have access to one how can you possibly have input in this section other than ask for info?

manic01 said:
Now Witchy and Rodbouy questioned my review and thought it was biased bit now have tried for themselves.

Guilty as charged. :)

Strange that, the 2 people who got on your case and accused you of being in Bobi's pocket, both of us end up with a Spiderbox and can't find anything bad to say about them.

lol

Anyone who buys a Spiderbox will be delighted, it does what it says on the tin.

Guilty as charged. :)

Strange that, the 2 people who got on your case and accused you of being in Bobi's pocket, both of us end up with a Spiderbox and can't find anything bad to say about them.

lol

Anyone who buys a Spiderbox will be delighted, it does what it says on the tin.

Yep, lucky I dont take offence lol.
The only real drawback for dreambox enthusiasts is it's too easy and of course theres no plugins.
For the average joe it's all you require.
has there ever been an easier box to set up and use?

Back