Bean to cup coffee machines

eder

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Debating getting a bean to cup coffee machine, does anyone have one and can give me first hand feedback?!

Not sure what you have used in the past but I decided not to get one in the end and bought a Moca stove top coffee pot and a Dualit milk frother.
The milk frother is excellent and once you get the hang of frothing the milk it’s just like coffee shops frothed milk. Had about four years now and just needs descaling and water filter changing occasionally.
The Moca pots are good but I wanted something quicker easier and picked up a second hand Nespresso Inissia machine for £25 and it’s a great little machine, quick and easy to use.
We just buy the compatible capsules and the missus loves the ones from Aldi which are cheap and work out at about 0.14p a capsule.

C6137D26-7715-40E1-9AD7-2852E61E8000.jpeg

Last edited:
@eder Not sure if you have tried Monmouth coffee but they sell some great coffees imo and worth getting a takeout coffee from one of their shops in London. Every time we have been to the one on Monmouth Street, there has always been a large queue and for me it’s the best coffee I have tasted in the UK.

With coffee machines its all about the water pressure. The higher the pressure the finer the coffee grinds you can use. I think professional machines work at 20 bar. I have a delonghi and they work at 10 bar i think. Still makes a good cup but if i turn the grinder to too fine then it struggles to pump water through. Had it for 8 years now tho maybe more and only had to swap one part.

Pretty much all the older delonghi machines are the same internally so the more expensive machines only add milk frother, and digital display, touch buttons. The defuser is the same across the models aswell.

For a decent one you are look 500ish

With coffee machines its all about the water pressure. The higher the pressure the finer the coffee grinds you can use. I think professional machines work at 20 bar. I have a delonghi and they work at 10 bar i think. Still makes a good cup but if i turn the grinder to too fine then it struggles to pump water through. Had it for 8 years now tho maybe more and only had to swap one part.

Pretty much all the older delonghi machines are the same internally so the more expensive machines only add milk frother, and digital display, touch buttons. The defuser is the same across the models aswell.

For a decent one you are look 500ish
9 bar
How Many Bars of Pressure is Good for Espresso

Back