Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

bbmax speed test wont work ???

thomson

Inactive User
Can people try this internet speed test for me using internet explorer http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

It always worked for me until the other day but doesnt now, all i get is the thing popping up saying "Speed Test requires at least version 7 of Flash. Please update your client".

Ive installed this flash 7 a load of times but i still get same message when i try to open the speed test page up, ive also cleared my cookies and offline files etc, ran all the antispyware and ccleaner stuff etc too, but still no joy, very strange as i say, it worked fine on internet explorer up until the other day, dunno whats up ?

Ohh, and ive noticed same thing if i try and play video clips on the bebo website, it says "flash 7 or above is required to view this content"

both bbmax and bebo work ok on firefox, so iam using them on that for the time being, but would like them working on internet explorer too.

Its IE6 i have and windows xp (inc sp2), hope someone can help.

cheers : multi :

Working

Hi M8

Speedtest is working fine here, been using it regular on a daily basis to see if I have gone 20Meg....

: colors1

iam trying to think, theres a way to reinstall internet explorer 6, isnt there ?? cant remember how though, hmmm ?

its working fine here useing firefox.. dont no why u wanna use internet explorer anyway..

firefox recommended

try this

try reseting internet settings in internet explorer if not uninstall adobe flash as ive had probs with this go into add remove programs and then components and u will find internet explorer uninstall that reboot then install again and the install flash player from www.b4uparty.com this one works better as i tried installing from adobe the other day and it was not letting me validate it so it wouldnt work message me and let me know how u get on

try reseting internet settings in internet explorer if not uninstall adobe flash as ive had probs with this go into add remove programs and then components and u will find internet explorer uninstall that reboot then install again and the install flash player from www.b4uparty.com this one works better as i tried installing from adobe the other day and it was not letting me validate it so it wouldnt work message me and let me know how u get on

you saying uninstall IE and flash player, if so, how for both ?

hmmmmmm ??? why is this not working for me now on IE6, it always worked before until about week ago, now i can only get it to work on firefox, i know that some people will say just use firefox then, but the point is, why did it stop working on IE6 ??? cant get my head round this one, tried allsorts of the things that would usually fix this kinda problem but still no joy :(

arghhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!! driving me off my head man !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything that uses adobe flash player wont work in internet explorer for me, bbmax, video clips etc etc, just the same as the problem i listed in first post of this thread, not too much of a problem but i would still like it working properley.

Anyone any further ideas, tried all the previous suggestions ?

Anything that uses adobe flash player wont work in internet explorer for me, bbmax, video clips etc etc, just the same as the problem i listed in first post of this thread, not too much of a problem but i would still like it working properley.

Anyone any further ideas, tried all the previous suggestions ?

Have you tried system restore to when it was working?

Have you tried system restore to when it was working?

nah mate, i already thought about that option ages ago, but i do regular system cleanups and old system restore dates get erased, so thats not an option this time, but good shout mate, thanks anyway.

Have a check on Internet Options/Privacy/Sites and make sure that cookies aren't blocked for those sites.

Back