BBC millionaires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I would like to bet as it happens.

Not everyone has access to cable TV or satellite TV. This is because some people live way out in the country side where cable TV networks dont extend. Some of these people dont want satellite TV, some cannot afford it. So, by your argument, you would like to remove the only method by which they can receive a TV broadcast?

Nice one.

Not really, that is why we want the CHOICE, so that peeps in this position can pay a fee if they wish

Yes, I would like to bet as it happens.

Not everyone has access to cable TV or satellite TV. This is because some people live way out in the country side where cable TV networks dont extend. Some of these people dont want satellite TV, some cannot afford it. So, by your argument, you would like to remove the only method by which they can receive a TV broadcast?

Nice one.

you talk so much shite man, so if they want to live out in the wilderness then thats thier problem, they pay for shit, not me, and who the feck cant get sattelite tv unless your sitting with the dish under an oak tree, you have to be sitting there eating jellie babies man, youve lost the plot, ta ta, sounds like you need to go join them all out in the wilderness and help pay for their tv licence, go on, cya.

They already can pay, if they want.

Right now they are certain of a service, regardless of paying for the license fee or not.

You cannot restrict access to things like this to only those who can afford it.

well if your that keen on it all, i think you and other people like you should pay an extra donation to the licence fee ontop of what you already pay seens you all love it that much, and that means that people like me and fubar and 99% of the population can all opt out of paying, we need more kind hearted souls like you around willing to do such stuff, CAUSE GET THIS MATE, CANT YOU SEE AND HEAR ?? PEOPLE DONT WANT THE TV LICENCE !!!

They already can pay, if they want.

Right now they are certain of a service, regardless of paying for the license fee or not.

You cannot restrict access to things like this to only those who can afford it.

No they have to pay, no choice.... either that or have nothing

Your other 2 lines simply don't make sense

And as for your previous link re the amount of countries required to pay a fee:

Countries required to pay a TV fee Currently = 35

Countries who abolished TV fee = 9

Countries you have never had a TV fee = 11

When we have 192-195-210 circa (depending on source) countires in the world your site does not make sense (bit like you really)

Bleep

i DID actually, dont fool yourself, they can obviously join you in paying extra donations to the bbc thanks.

And I say again, you simply cannot restrict access to TV broadcasting. You cannot have it so that it is only available to those who are willing to pay a subscription.

And why not ?

And the site (you posted) quite clearly says that only 35 countries in the world have a TV license fee, and you believe this to be the majority ?

And as for my "relationship" with Slasher, I take people as I find them and how they interact with me, and given your previous and well known track record with you arrogant approach and high handed manner in dealing with other members I will take 10 Slashers over you any day of the week :proud:

Bleep

Lol, ok then. Although I cant help but think of the phrase "pot calling the kettle black" there for some reason.

So what would have all the people who cannot pay do? Find ways to circumvent any subscription systems going? Do you think that the elderly should be forced to pay for instance, or the blind or the deaf?

personally i couldnt give a shit about "the people who cant pay", as at some points in my life i have been one of those people too, so its simple, cant pay, wont pay, end of story, you cant really be that daft , are you ??

And, should pensioners and blind and deaf be forced to pay you ask ??? NO, are you one of these blind or deaf people, cant you see that NO ONE COULD GIVE A CRAP MATE about the bbc and no one wants it except for a couple of indeviduals like yourself, no one else does though, i think your now just pulling every ones chain in here now man, gotta be.

Lol, ok then. Although I cant help but think of the phrase "pot calling the kettle black" there for some reason.

So what would have all the people who cannot pay do? Find ways to circumvent any subscription systems going? Do you think that the elderly should be forced to pay for instance, or the blind or the deaf?

With taking away the money to pay for a TV license they would be able to afford some subscription, with it being nearly £12 a month (due to increase I am told) I think it would give people a choice.

And at least they won't drag the worse off in the country to court who could not afford the Tv license (genuinely) and fine them even more money then jail them !!

so you keep saying but the tv license isnt there only form of revenue is it.

You know as well as i do people in tv earn a fortune and as the op said perhaps if they took a pay cut (and they would still earn a hell of alot) then they wouldnt need license money.

I don't like paying for bbc but my elderly nan did before she died.. obv she got it free so i technicaly helped pay for her and millions of others to watch it.. they cant afford sky tv or hacked cable..

and doesnt it pay for upkeep of the transmitters?? without them we wouldnt have any dvb-t :(

I don't like paying for bbc but my elderly nan did before she died.. obv she got it free so i technicaly helped pay for her and millions of others to watch it.. they cant afford sky tv or hacked cable..

and doesnt it pay for upkeep of the transmitters?? without them we wouldnt have any dvb-t :(

dont care mate, its being forced on people who dont want to pay should they have had the choice, simple as that, no disrespect to your nan, but i dont want to pay my licence fee so that somone else like peoples nans and grannys and grandas etc dont have to pay, thats just not right, your nan was most likley better off money wise than millions of people who are forced into paying this robbery of a licence and the people cant even afford to put a dinner on the table at night for thier kids.

The blind and deaf have to pay,at a reduced rate,i do believe

hahhahaha, you have to be f**kin kidding, right lol ???? no way, lol. thats the ultimate insult, isnt it, rob from the poor, the eldery (until recently) and now the deaf and blind, ohhh man, how much more rediculous does this all get, lol.

Yes if the license fee is in their name or they can transfer it over to their name
Yup, they certainly do. And I think people over the age of 75 get it for free, in fact I think the whole houshold gets it for free.

As far as I know, Sky and VM dont do this.

next a licence for your pets to watch bbc as joey the budgie likes watching eastenders, HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.

The blind and deaf have to pay,at a reduced rate,i do believe

If you were blind and deaf I really dont see the point in having a TV ?

On a serious note, while I appreciate that some of the money goes into the upkeep of the network, has anyone seen the salaries lately ?... they are a fecking joke, I would like to hear someone justify taking money off 74 year olds, the blind and the deaf to fatten the wallets of these people...

The license fee could quite easily be slashed by just addressing the overheads, I think it is time to wise up

And so by graciously giving people the choice - who then looks after the broadcasting? Or do you expect people to switch over to VM and Sky?

You do realise that Sky and VM dont handle much in the way of broadcasting?

You attempt to paint a picture that without the Beeb keeping the boat afloat that the whole structure would break down around our ears, well I see a hell of a lot of countries around the world doing just nicely without a license being forced down their necks, so I don't think I will panick too much any time soon

You attempt to paint a picture that without the Beeb keeping the boat afloat that the whole structure would break down around our ears, well I see a hell of a lot of countries around the world doing just nicely without a license being forced down their necks, so I don't think I will panick too much any time soon

GOOD SHOUT MATE, here here, i agree :)

Well, blind people can listen to the TV and deaf people can watch it with subtitles?

For those interested in the salary scale, here it is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/foi/docs/freed...and_responses/2008/RFI20080301_Pay_grades.pdf. It seems like a pretty standard salary scale to me, nothing outrageous on it really.

Not quite what I was getting at

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | BBC defends executive pay rises

BBC to review salary deals for highest-earning presenters - Media, News - The Independent

As employees pored over the latest revelations in the Daily Mirror, which showed that Wogan was the top earner at the station on £800,000 a year, while Ross picks up £530,000 for one three-hour show a week, agents of other BBC stars said they were fretting that they could be next.
Last week the Sun revealed the salaries of Radio 1 DJs, including the £630,000 a year paid to breakfast DJ Chris Moyles, mid-morning host Jo Whiley's £250,000 salary and Sara Cox's £200,000 pay packet for two weekend shows.
Last month the same Sun reporter unveiled the salaries of several EastEnders stars, including the £360,000 said to be paid to Barbara Windsor, who plays Peggy Mitchell, and the £370,000 a year earned by June Brown, who plays Dot Cotton.
Pete Tong, the Radio 1 dance music DJ who was said in the Sun to take home £70,000 a year, said yesterday he thought the figures "were not particularly accurate" and had been "sensationalised".

Source BBC mole spills salary secrets of radio stars | Media | The Guardian

And given that the last link is over 2 years old !!

Like I said, address the salaries...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back