iPhone baseband 5.14.02

If its already jailbroken then use redsnow and just tick upgrade baseband and it will do the rest for you ie upgrade bb to 06.15 , then you can use ultrasnow 1.2 to unlock .
You must also download the iphone 3gs 4.2.1 firmware and put it in the same folder as redsnow and select it when asked. There are videos on youtube as well . Hope this helps

so i need to update it to 4.2 via i tunes and download the ipad firmware etc, sorry to be a pain i dont want to bugger her iphone thats all thanks again

no mate you dont i never did anyway i downloaded the original fw from Here for your device
i have problems downloading the ipsw in internet explorer so i use google chrome and it downloads as aproper ipsw file instead of a rar once you have that download the lastest redsn0w from Here another video tut Here

Ok got a big prob i went up to 4.2.1 and decided to go with 6.15 baseband so i could unlock wifes 3gs it had to be rebooted a couple of time as i think its tethered and now its screwed is there any way i can get back to somewhere and it work it fails a restore

Ok got a big prob i went up to 4.2.1 and decided to go with 6.15 baseband so i could unlock wifes 3gs it had to be rebooted a couple of time as i think its tethered and now its screwed is there any way i can get back to somewhere and it work it fails a restore

well contratary to what i have read this is what i done
twice last night i have 2 iphone 3g`s [daughters]i used the new redsn0w to update the baseband all went good , until the iphone ,[ the same on both wouldnt re boot into the springboard, both stuck on the black screen with apple logo , so i put into recovery mode opened itunes let it find the iphone and i restored both iphone to orig fw 4.1 ,downloaded from HERE both iphones rebooted ok and i had the latest ipad baseband on orig fw 4.1 , from there i again downgraded to 3.1.2 .
At the momenet i now have 2 unlocked iphone 3g`s on orig fw and baseband 06.15.00 so both girls very happy , i just think 3.1.2 runs smoother on fw 3.1.2 so try and download the original fw 4.1 try what i did mate see how you get on , and give me a shout if u need any more help

Last edited:
Thanks biffo will try and let you know may be i will only spend another nite on the settee

Ok well i have watch a video which tells me i can only restore using custom fireware how need to know what one to use i cant open pwnage tool 4.01 which is the one im told to use

Ok well i have watch a video which tells me i can only restore using custom fireware how need to know what one to use i cant open pwnage tool 4.01 which is the one im told to use

i take it you have a mac then mate ?

I did use redsnow and it didnt reboot have now got it to 4.1 and 6.15.00 just about to jailbreak mite be back in the bed tonite lol

Ok got it sorted thanks biffo im back in the bed tonite she is on 4.1 6.15.00 and open to all networks have to keep jbing if its turned off but she dont

im trying to restore back tp 4,1 now ive updated to 4.21 and unlocked but i tunes giving me error message 3194 anybody any ideas please

2 reasons you will get this error mate 1] have you saved your 4.1 fw using tiny umbrella, ? also have you changed your host file within windows, have a look here mate , if you need any more help give me a shout

I've a 3gs followed the dev teams process updated baseband to 6.15,got the unlock but now I have no signal strength at all,anyone find a solution for this yet?

Back