Bad glitching recently

I used to participate in CS but gave it up about 3 years ago. I only had a maximum of 12 on my server, friends who shared the cost with me getting it basically free. Periodically I would put my card back into the s*y receiver overnight.
There was an update just over a week ago which changed the look of the dashboard and added a few more functions and perhaps other stuff we don't know about. Maybe possible that the cards are slightly changed during this update or maybe just some sort of "handshake". I would hazard a guess that the majority of cards in servers haven't seen a genuine s*y box since they were first activated.
Of course all the above may just be pish but surely worth a try.

yip my card has seen original box for all of 30 mins many years ago lol
but never really bothers me much to be honest so no need to change here

its happened over the past 2 weekends so definitely something Sky are doing

whats happening can you be more specific as nothing happening here

Could this be an issue.
Could be wrong? If so please correct me.
Im just after checking free to air channels and vertually all of the SNR readings is around 96%.
Now when I go to sly channels the SNR drops to around 80%

issue is more to do with servers that share cache & do not have a card lol
as said before solid here no issues

I have noticed more glitching on $ channels than normal, my provider posted this message on their web site on 8th September:

'You`ve definitely noticed growing number of freezing, lags and glitches over the past week on skyuk channels.

Some of it was due to issues on our core servers which was dealt with very quickly.

The main reason is recent general issue on SkyUK ecm packets carrying bad cw both through public cache and local cards.

Up until now no one knows for sure why this is happening but this is general. Further updates will be posted here if we get any.

Update (Sep 9th) : we have partially fixed the issue on Skyuk, kindly check the quality and channels with which you had issues in the past week and report back to us.'

Something definitely going on with Sky as we expected.

I have noticed more glitching on $ channels than normal, my provider posted this message on their web site on 8th September:

'You`ve definitely noticed growing number of freezing, lags and glitches over the past week on skyuk channels.

Some of it was due to issues on our core servers which was dealt with very quickly.

The main reason is recent general issue on SkyUK ecm packets carrying bad cw both through public cache and local cards.

Up until now no one knows for sure why this is happening but this is general. Further updates will be posted here if we get any.

Update (Sep 9th) : we have partially fixed the issue on Skyuk, kindly check the quality and channels with which you had issues in the past week and report back to us.'

Something definitely going on with Sky as we expected.

same here, as I said only effects during the weekend where I guess most people will be watching content ... so lets see what happens this weekend

will say again no issue here whatsoever unless i mess up lol
ask your providers if they actually have a card or as reported sharing bad cache lol

I would only recommend, If you want to buy a line,,,, Then Buy from someone who has IP Sever Access. That way you will always get surport if anything goes wrong. and not from sites like E--ay.

Why's that? As it would mean they have direct access to the server and are not resellers?

If that's the case, why would one risk the server's IP as if someone gives it away it will mess up other people subs aswell.

No i Ment Get Or Buy Your Line From a Main Sorce. And Not From Someone Who Dont Even Have A Sly Card, Just Someone Who Got A Line From FleaBay, And Runing other Line From It, Making a Quick Money.... And Screwing People....................
digitalrejects

This Is A Warning To All........... Do Not Use The Cwaite Tv_Prog Or The Aj Channel Listing, Like i Said In My Early Post Sky Have Had Enough.........:watchingyou: Hence Sites Which You would Get Your Info Ie...Cwaite Or Ajs Channel Listing, It will Mess Up Your Box.....:rip::rip::rip:
If you need Latest Channel Listing Get it From Here.....
:emotions1 DIGITAL WORLD
Don't get any updates from anywere else.... Sly Have Gone All Out War On All Line Sellers...

hardly got nowt to do with channel lists if your box messed up

This Is A Warning To All........... Do Not Use The Cwaite Tv_Prog Or The Aj Channel Listing, Like i Said In My Early Post Sky Have Had Enough.........:watchingyou: Hence Sites Which You would Get Your Info Ie...Cwaite Or Ajs Channel Listing, It will Mess Up Your Box.....:rip::rip::rip:
Don't get any updates from anywere else.... Sly Have Gone All Out War On All Line Sellers...

looking at Sky latest figures Q3 end of June 2016

7% increase in revenue
808,000 new customers
operating profits up to 1 billion

https://corporate.sky.com/documents/investors/results/q4 1516 press release.pdf

hardly got nowt to do with channel lists if your box messed up
Some bad channels lists can cause box to run in loop.
Its easy fixed with running a different TP_PROGS.dbs. when the box does boot up.
But channels list should "not" be issue for bricking box.

(also going of this thread slightly)

Last edited:
only slightly lol who cares about profits for that lot wish would go bust pmsl also anyone using fleabite for tv viewing deserves a lot of heartache lol

Last edited:

**** me, I didn't know that. Can they really just use a proper line and resell that over and over to like 20 people on fleabay? And you're saying ALL of these fleabay sellers play the same game?!

I'd really love to know why glitching was as bad as it was.
Mine is now fixed with a lot of input from members.
But why is this thread being hijacked with flebay anger?
I clearly stated that my issues did not come from flebay or faceless book.
Especially @chris1562 seems to show his anger on nearly every thread about flebay.
From post #31 should really be in the rant room.

Ive read some outrages posts from #31 about channel lists bricking boxes to sharing a 1 line 20 times.

Maybe someone one could explain why channel lists would cause glitches?
Thats what this thread is about.

Last edited by a moderator:
personally cant help with channel lists causing issues as never had an issue would put it down to other problem like server issues but use a good server & for most part should be fine solid for me but i do mess up sometimes lol

Not your channel listing River......... I have many people ring and telling that once they have uploaded Cwaites new channel listing TV_Prog...... Once uploaded and the box reboots , Most have V8s Openboxes, On boot up... it runs up to 100 & then it keeps rebooting up 100 again , for the last 3 days ive reset over 25 boxes for people. Not bad as i charge them.....Lol :D

Back