B0D confusion?

Al-z

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Al here
Just wondering if someone more experienced can help me clear something up in my head.
Basically I have 1 box I told was cut before unplugged, 2 which were supposedly unplugged before CC cut. Now after trying to read all 3 cards I get Rom Revision B0D, setIFS failed, closing com2.
Now after realising I had a lot of boxes I couldnt do without putting some major time aside I decided to take my good card and try to read it just in case I ever fell out with my provider. Low and behold it came up B0D but this time NO setIFS failed it just closed com2.
So whats my problem? well .. I was always under the impression B0D was a locked out card (and you should know that my good card which was B0D is still working in my box) So knowing that a good card is coming up B0D I had a glimmer of hope that I may be able to get these other 3 read.
More information you may need is that im using an infinity ultd (hardware was the one released at start of 07, software is one of the older versions) its in pheonix mode, using VCP com2. Using Nagra4.1 in 98 compat mode. and all com settings are the same in Infinity and in Nagra. ( I've actually been following the mosc tut that came with nagra 3, 4.1 also MCNP (I think) and some other programs in a rar file )
Anyway, any questions? Just ask.
Kind Regards
Al
PLEASE NOTE: If this post is a duplicate or this topic has been covered before I do apologise, I tried my best to put the information together but 2 + 2 is making 42 right now to me. If it has been covered then if someone could just tell me that much and Ill see if I can find it knowing that its out there.

Just an update, I succesfully managed to dump an ancient card with nagra 4.1 so I know VCP is OK. Unfortunately im sure I binned the box the card was for lol. this came up RevA16.

Anyhoo in MOSC tut it says you'll get IRD and BK of all 00's unfortunately ... I got BK but IRD is all 00's.

This make sense to anyone? (BTW this particular card is no good to me as I said I binned the box, however it is a test run for me to make sure Im grasping the concepts)

set ifs failed is usually a comms problem

i wqs getting this all the time , it was caused as my pc was running in the wrong compatability mode as it needs to be in 95 mode ? dont know if this helps m8

Have the cards actually been unlocked????
And setifs will be a setup problem if you are getting it with the three cards i'm pretty sure :) possible nagraedit not running on compatability mode or something else daft (cpu affinity) anyhoos good luck :)

Hey Figgy, well not been unlocked yet. I have a Ubomb upstairs Ive been scared to used but since Ive started messing with moscs to get some useable boxes.
Anyhoo Ive got some B0D scripts from the sticky about working scripts. just read readme and got half a clue about what to do. I think once Ive flashed the unlooper with the hexes I just need to run xpatmel.
I was just confused mainly as to how my working card on a legit system comes up B0D when I try to read it I was always under the impression (probably wrongly) that B0D was done to people who abandoned their accounts. Now I am seeing more likely that this is just a new revision of the rom which has better security (am I right?) In which case the confusion was caused at a time when I searched but no B0D script was available I thought it was VM's ace in the hole.
Anyhoo after tea Im gonna go blow the dust off that Ubomb and try to get it working, hope I have a DC adapter thats compatable.
For records, this is purely a BK/IRD retreiving excorcise as I am too impatient to JTAG.

EDIT - Oh and setIFS .. you're right Ive been alternating between 95, 98 and no compatability and consistently getting different results. My working A16 seems to read 100% with no compatability. As for my question about why IRD is all 00's and BK seems legit (although I cant prove it is) I would assume this is revA16's security that it blanks IRD on read ? If so then I am learning lol, If not I am filling my own head with nonsense.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, Al here
Just wondering if someone more experienced can help me clear something up in my head.
Basically I have 1 box I told was cut before unplugged, 2 which were supposedly unplugged before CC cut. Now after trying to read all 3 cards I get Rom Revision B0D, setIFS failed, closing com2.
Now after realising I had a lot of boxes I couldnt do without putting some major time aside I decided to take my good card and try to read it just in case I ever fell out with my provider. Low and behold it came up B0D but this time NO setIFS failed it just closed com2.
So whats my problem? well .. I was always under the impression B0D was a locked out card (and you should know that my good card which was B0D is still working in my box) So knowing that a good card is coming up B0D I had a glimmer of hope that I may be able to get these other 3 read.
More information you may need is that im using an infinity ultd (hardware was the one released at start of 07, software is one of the older versions) its in pheonix mode, using VCP com2. Using Nagra4.1 in 98 compat mode. and all com settings are the same in Infinity and in Nagra. ( I've actually been following the mosc tut that came with nagra 3, 4.1 also MCNP (I think) and some other programs in a rar file )
Anyway, any questions? Just ask.
Kind Regards
Al
PLEASE NOTE: If this post is a duplicate or this topic has been covered before I do apologise, I tried my best to put the information together but 2 + 2 is making 42 right now to me. If it has been covered then if someone could just tell me that much and Ill see if I can find it knowing that its out there.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/145669/&highlight=setIFS+failed

try here m8 mybe help u

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Figgy, well not been unlocked yet. I have a Ubomb upstairs Ive been scared to used but since Ive started messing with moscs to get some useable boxes.
Anyhoo Ive got some B0D scripts from the sticky about working scripts. just read readme and got half a clue about what to do. I think once Ive flashed the unlooper with the hexes I just need to run xpatmel.
I was just confused mainly as to how my working card on a legit system comes up B0D when I try to read it I was always under the impression (probably wrongly) that B0D was done to people who abandoned their accounts. Now I am seeing more likely that this is just a new revision of the rom which has better security (am I right?) In which case the confusion was caused at a time when I searched but no B0D script was available I thought it was VM's ace in the hole.
Anyhoo after tea Im gonna go blow the dust off that Ubomb and try to get it working, hope I have a DC adapter thats compatable.
For records, this is purely a BK/IRD retreiving excorcise as I am too impatient to JTAG.
EDIT - Oh and setIFS .. you're right Ive been alternating between 95, 98 and no compatability and consistently getting different results. My working A16 seems to read 100% with no compatability. As for my question about why IRD is all 00's and BK seems legit (although I cant prove it is) I would assume this is revA16's security that it blanks IRD on read ? If so then I am learning lol, If not I am filling my own head with nonsense.
to unlock the rebod with ubomb use the rom 11 unlocker scriped it defo works

Hey john, some good info there. Already using inf2.5 but might cycle through versions. Although DDIIH has given me some inspiration and confidence in the UBOMB scripts ... just hope I am competend enough lol.
Cheers lads, will lets you guys know.

Just stumbled on a post containing

"
Is this a newer PC with hyperthreading or dual core? if so you will have to set the processor affinity (to one processor or thread instead of 2 or more)for the nagraedit and infusb processes
"

I am hyper threaded, lets see if the quoted person recognises their wisdom.

Hey john, some good info there. Already using inf2.5 but might cycle through versions. Although DDIIH has given me some inspiration and confidence in the UBOMB scripts ... just hope I am competend enough lol.
Cheers lads, will lets you guys know.
Just stumbled on a post containing
"
Is this a newer PC with hyperthreading or dual core? if so you will have to set the processor affinity (to one processor or thread instead of 2 or more)for the nagraedit and infusb processes
"
I am hyper threaded, lets see if the quoted person recognises their wisdom.
did you get that set ifs failed fixed m8

Set Ifs Failed

inf 2.5 is a pain download 2.7 it works great with mosc
when i had this problem it was a comms issue and seemed to be that my pc or programme wasent running in 95 mode when i changed the compatability mode it was fixed ????

usb ultd prog 2.62

when i had this problem it was a comms issue and seemed to be that my pc or programme wasent running in 95 mode when i changed the compatability mode it was fixed ????
this is the only usb ultd programme that works without dramas.youll find it in the downloads as its not letting me send it hmmm .

Thnx mate, I DLed the RAR containing all versions so I rekon I can sift through. Just away to fire up my UBOMB in a bit. Im assuming this is 9-12V ? when I bought this thing it just came in a bubble bag lol.

Anyhoo, what I noticed was .... nagra and XNCS etc all now set to compat mode. and CPU affinity was automatically set to CPU0 only. However infUSB.exe was using both CPU cores. So far I have to change this every time I run it but im sure I can make a .bat link which will set it on launch.

So with nagra / xncs working on 1 core and infusb on the same it works well. as sometimes camID came back as 00000000 even though the rest of the read seemed to work. Was just like missing chunks of data in random spots each time. As I beleive someone said these smartcards involve specific timing to communicate with and VCP makes a pigs ear of it.

Anyhoo Ive got it stable in that its reading consistent data on every attempt. But heres a little tip to others having VCP problems.

1- Get your programmer in pheonix mode first without anything running and without the card in. (check compat mode, make sure its only running on one CPU)
2- Insert card
3- Run serial port card read software (again insuring affinity is on one CPU and ensuring compat mode is on)
4- If swapping cards close your card reader software (leaving the VCP app running should be safe)

And the reason Ive said all this (completely without knowledge but from observation) is that Ive taken cards out in VCP mode tried a read or reset and it can still see the cards ATR. This was bizzare to me as I though the card has to reset to give its ATR. My only assumption is that the InfUnltd reader is not cleaning its buffers (I also beleive this may be half the problem with these comms syncing problems)

I dunno if Im right or wrong but if anyone else is getting setIFS probs and other strange occurences with VCP try my procedure and tell us if its effective. The results should be a card read or if its locked failed to log in to BD3 and no setIFS errs or anything like that.

Anyway I talk too much ... ciao

Hello mate. Have you tried your infinity with 2.63 software on another computer coz i have known some motherboards to have an issue with infinity.set ifs is usually compatabilty mode but it you tried that...???Check contral panel ...hardware to make sure its installed properly ...also before you put it into vcp mode you have to start infinty software ....does the serial number come up and says connected...??..
if you get to bd0 ...rom11 failed then card locked
ps dont throw a card away unless atr string is dead coz they 99% salvagable.

Hey lads, well I got my Ubomb all plugged in. So far I plugged it into a cable modem (sci atlanta) DC jack, it powered but xpatmel wouldnt read, I think the chip was in wrong way.

Although Im not sure about jumper settings for flashing .... I have 4 dips, the last forum I read the dude said "1 + 5 on" and button on back on. I have no button on back either lol.

All I have on PCB is UBOMB-TBC cant seem to find info on it.

Back