Audio Remote prob

Dingodog

Inactive User
Reaction score
How do I turn off the commentary that you get when watching some channels. My m8 has the old black remote and there isn't an audio button, its driving him nuts. It a 500c with dw2 image. Any help much appreciated.

Green or yellow button I think m8, then change to the second audio channel.

Frenchman

How do I turn off the commentary that you get when watching some channels. My m8 has the old black remote and there isn't an audio button, its driving him nuts. It a 500c with dw2 image. Any help much appreciated.
My m8 has the old black remote and there isn't an audio button
didn't see that,,sorry

If his dreambox is hooked up via ethernet, hop onto the dreambox via a browser and use the GUI to change it there. I have the same problem trying to use the old "diddy" remote.
Thinking about purchasing a new larger style but havent got round to it yet.

If his dreambox is hooked up via ethernet, hop onto the dreambox via a browser and use the GUI to change it there. I have the same problem trying to use the old "diddy" remote.
Thinking about purchasing a new larger style but havent got round to it yet.

Thanks for that but how do you do it via the GUI

Thanks for that but how do you do it via the GUI

It should be fairly obvious when you login to the dreambox.

enter IP address on the address bar (firefox/IE) e.g. 192.168.0.100
It should then prompt you to logon.

Login: Root
Password: dreambox
Look for Audio on main screen against the channel you are watching. (sorry, im at work at the mo so cant verify what I'm saying) and click "Audio", Then select "English" instead of "English NAR"

If you need any more help, just shout.

OK thats easy enough to do but he lives 20 mile away lol, I know he's been fookin about with it (via the remote) so he must be able to get it back via the remote me thinks. But I think what you said previous is the best option to get a new style remote, many thanks for the advice.

There is a file called rcdsxxx or something like that, it can be edited so you can assign a key for the audio channel. Trouble is I cannot remember where it it exactly, I am using PLI Jade image and this has a function in the menu where you can assign a key for this.

Frenchman

There is a file called rcdsxxx or something like that, it can be edited so you can assign a key for the audio channel. Trouble is I cannot remember where it it exactly, I am using PLI Jade image and this has a function in the menu where you can assign a key for this.

Frenchman

Thats right, just checked my old mails. The problem can be fixed by editing the rcdm5xxx.xml in resources. Just assign a key (e.g. yellow) to one that's not currently in use. Might be slightly tricky talking his mate thru on the phone tho (lives 20 miles away)

Thats right, just checked my old mails. The problem can be fixed by editing the rcdm5xxx.xml in resources. Just assign a key (e.g. yellow) to one that's not currently in use. Might be slightly tricky talking his mate thru on the phone tho (lives 20 miles away)

I wouldnt attempt it over the phne Dazmeister, he couldnt put 2 leggo bricks together lol, oh well wheres me fookin car keys.

Back