; N XXXX N1 [ROMq] [PKv] [TYPw] <128 characters>
; N XXXX N2 [ROMq] [TYPw] <128 characters>
; N XXXX V [ROMq] [TYPw] <16 characters>
;
;
; XXXX - provider ident
; YY - key number
; ZZ - EEPROM key number
; ROMq - (optional) ROM specific keys (q = ROM number)
; PKv - (optional) PK key number (v = 0,1,2)
; TYPw - (optional) key type number (w = 0,1)

...so my ini and key files are exactly like your examples [but with local prov id] but I'm still getting errors?

I have also tried the options to specify rom / key numbers and types but I'm really lost here...

If I pm you my working nagra / autoroll key files can you have a go at pluging in the numbers?

I am probably doing something really stupid somewhere...

thanks again

Last edited:
Certainly in the last published source version of Emunation (which was 1 level behind the release executable) there is absolutely no support for UK Emm keyroll types. It appeared to be geared for Dish/Bev/Globecast with other providers only giving ECM support rather than Emm.

In fact, there wasn't even an emulator as such. Just hard coded supplier dependant methods which were closer to the ATMega way of doing things.

If you really want a decent emulator, I suspect you may have to write one.

Hi nozzer, the emunation devs are active on the dvbn and as you say they regularly patch provider specific issues so I'm hoping they will have a look for us, the lack of emm support is a big worry though.

I suppose it doesn't have to be a 100% "honest to goodness" emulator - a dirty hack will do... untill next time.. lol

I used to (try&) help test seca stuff for joshyfun, maybe he could be persuaded to dust his nagra boots off???

What are your thoughts on gbox win32 btw?

Last edited:
Did you set
NorthAmerica=0
in EmuNation.ini.

Btw the emm-pid in my example is for pure NTL.

Yes I have set it to non-us and took the emm pid from fenrir / mytheatre, I'm sure it is a really basic error in the key file:

If i use basic softcam.key [no rsa etc] it decodes ok and i get console message:
system-nagra: missing 5D01 V TYP0 key (non fatal)
over and over...

if i try and add ANY rsa keys etc it does not decrypt and I just get:
system: no key found for 5D01 0

Unsupported CA type, sat= 4000 tpfreq =322
also it always shows EMM 0x000 in monitor window?

One strange thing is that fenrir gets my local prov id wrong - but it still AUs! (before this week)!

Every other softcam and my Trex hardware cam all use another ID and will not work with the one fenrir reports, but if I set fenrir to the prov id everything else uses it never even tries to AU.

Maybe this is the problem? I have tried editing the emunation ini and key files with both ids, but if i use the id from fenrir in emunation it still does not work.

pm sent...

8)

Last edited:
Did you set
NorthAmerica=0
in EmuNation.ini.

Btw the emm-pid in my example is for pure NTL.

Have you ever actually got Emunation to AU in the UK because i've never seen any evidence that it is actually capable of it. None of the previous source code releases show any trace at all of handling UK AU methods.

In fact, thinking about it, I dont think I ever even got this cam to lock onto the UK Emm stream without significant modification to the source code although that may of been more the fault of the DVB program I was using rather than the actual CAM. Quite a lot of DVB programs dont seem to be able to correctly locate the Emm stream which seems strange being as its probably the easiest connection to parse.

I am starting to think you are right nozzer, I've tried ProgDVB, MyTheatre , DVB Dream and even TSReader and it always shows EMM 0x000 in monitor window? and refuses to read the key file in any format I know of.

I'm going to keep playing with Gbox though, if that is working on dreambox unpatched [with the new roms] i'm sure there is hope for the win32 version?

thanks for your input guys.

I have tried to get au working with emunation for the last year and I have never even came close! I think out only hope is a mod rom

I haven't given up on gbox86 just yet, that said some dreambox image modders have just added options to copy evocamd/mgcamd keys to gbox, if gbox can AU why add an option to copy keys from evocamd/mgcamd?

Any version of gbox should decode the ECM ok with correct keys in the Nagra file, can someone try and find out what version of gbox is in the latest dreamox images.

I'm trying to work out if gbox itself needed a patch or just needed the patched roms, also as it has internal rom code when you drop in the patched rom do they need a special name like rom11.b (.b as in secondary?) or do .bin files work?

Finally does anyone know if a gbox card / "rom" server can be configured to accept connections from radegast or newcamd protocol (v5) clients? Is EMM supported in this mode? I can't see any options for this in the cwshare file so i assume gbox only supports it own protocol???

Thanks

The Fenrir sdk is a set of headers and stuff to allow you to use the fenrir Dll set within your own programs. IT wont actually allow you to modify or otherwise change the operation of fenrir.

caid1800 is another dll which you can use within your own programs. It can handle decryption of both Nagra Emm's and ECM's. It does not contain any emulator, simpy a decryptor.

theres an updated nagra 7 rom in the dbox section

will that work?

Thanks, but we have tried all the patched roms out there. Fenrir, and probably all other pc emus, are just completely ignoring the new map-call patches, notice you get the same incorrect keys returned as with the originals roms!

This whole thing hinges on determining what the emulator is trying to do for itself and what it is executing in the roms, without more info (ie the full sources) on how they are handling the EMM we are stuck. As I see it we have two choices, bringing another emulator (maybe emunation) in line to work with the current (and hopefully future) dreambox rom fixes or, if its even possible, a fenrir specific rom patch.

* Depending on the version of Fenrir, Nagravision1 is supported
either internally or with the help of the package CAID1800 (not
provided!). The idea is to allow easier update of Nagra code by
the CAID1800 author. For the version of Fenrir (called External),
without Nagra, the file CAID1800.DLL is expected in the same
directory as fenrir.dll, and the subdirectory NAGRA must be there too
(with the data files described further below).

The CAID1800 package is expected to contain the data files in \NAGRA\ directory.

REMARK: the CAID1800 package is not yet available, and for now, all the nagra stuff is done internally by Fenrir.
I assume the reason vlinders was being so cagey about the CAID1800 pack is that it contains RSA keys or binary rom code, and so he was paranoid about fully integrating it into fenrir? What would this file have been used for exactly?

I've also been looking at Snitch and NVCAM.dll:

http://dvbsoft.net/download.php?list.30

but Snitch doesn't seems to load the roms and I don't see how NVCAM is supposed to AU without roms etc? It seems Gbox is also a dead end even if it could AU because Gboxfriend.dll and GboxPlugin1.1.dll don't send the EMM and if it does't support newcamd clients we are stuck I think. It's a long shot but there is a small chance Vlinders may have released his nagra sources before he was raptured so I'll ask about on the dvbn.

Cheers,
Nick

Nick [D]vB;1258532 said:
notice you get the same incorrect keys returned as with the originals roms!

Nope, I get one digit out instead of two.

Good news guys, we've got AU back! 8)

You won't believ this but Snitch was working perfectly all along!

It turns out I’d been using the wrong eeprom file for all my tests, in a frenzy of cut’n’pasting I’d scooped up one from another provider – doh!

I’d been putting the crashes down to some incompatibility in the TBC / Astra rom10 patch, or maybe the new EMMs, (the old version of MDWrapper I’m using probably wasn’t helping matters either)

“Less haste more speed” as they say, I’ll be more careful next time, could have saved us all a lot of agro.

Hopefully Snitch will prove to be a much more robust emulator than Fenrir, the readme says only rom10 is supported but the version I have is 3 years old.

AlphaAXP is still about over at the dvb network and he might even still be working on it?

It should certainly be a lot more flexible than Fenrir. Better compatibility with Dreambox / DBOX rom fixes

(two different Rom10 patches tested & working)

and access to the MOSC scene’s eeprom tweaks might open up some interesting possibilities for us.

The future for PC DVB-C users is looking a lot brighter already!

:Cheers:

(until Nagra2 spoils the party that is... lol)

Last edited:
I'm a long time Dbox/Dreamboxer and understand the workings of that. I got a PC setup with MediaPortal just before all the trouble broke out!

So forgive my inexperience as I haven't learned much in this world yet....

Will the Snitch fix will work with MediaPortal?

My MediaPortal setup seems to be using Fernir, could somebody point me in the direction of information on how to make it work with Snitch?

Thanks.

Back