DVB - PC Cards AU Fix for Yankse/Fernir

demonx

Inactive User
Reaction score
Download the fix from DW/Unlockers and rename Nargarom7.bin to ROM7.BIN and stick it in the "Nagra" folder.

If that fails to work then try getting the Nargarom10.BIN and rename that to ROM7.BIN and stick it in the "Nagra" folder.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
I've have tried the nagrarom7.bin file given on boxes section and fenrir is still spitting out bad codes.
Can you help with location DW/unlockers. is this any diferent?

TIA

Still seems to be getting the keys wrong, Grr. 1 Digit out instead of 2.

Hi,

All the rom 7 and 10s I have tried are getting two different sets of keys but I have found a rom11 binary that seems to be updating consistently

- just 1 character in key 01 is out every time! 8)

I'm sure this rom11 could be patched to work with Fenrir as is (like the rom10 patches from 2006)

I have uploaded it so if anyone can get it to the guys that did the DBOX / Dreambox rom fixes we might be in business:

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/107183248/ROM11.rar.html

Just out of interest, why are there so many fixes based on roms7 and 10 and bugger all for rom11?

Failing that we would need to patch the emu, VLinders is long gone now so we would have to talk the authors of EmuNation, Vplug, Snitch et al,

I am a mod at the dvbn so I’ll see if I can track them down there.

I’ll keep you posted,

Cheers,
Nick

Last edited:
Just tried the patched rom11 (for DBOX / DreamBox) from Unlockers and it's still borked. 8(

It seems a custom build of EmuNation is the way to go, I'll get on it...

No Joy for me either :( , I am away now for 5 days so hopefully when I come back someone will have sorted it all out:banana:

Is EmuNation working with a none patched rom file?
Vdr-sc got a patch in december and afaik EmuNation is based on vdr-sc.

Remember, emunation is pretty much open source :)

Problem is thats its not really designed for UK Nagra and doesn't have a proper emulator. Any patches are more akin to the Funcard/ATMega type sticky-plaster type patches :(

Still, you could always modify it by ripping out everything except Nagra support and adding a proper Nagra emulator ;)

Nick [D]vB;1249042 said:
...Just out of interest, why are there so many fixes based on roms7 and 10 and bugger all for rom11?

Because most of the emulators are Rom7 based. Rom10 support is tacked on top and Rom11 support is tacked on top of Rom10.

Rom11 has only ever barely functioned. As soon as anything a little tricky occurs Rom11 functionality dies. Rom10 is only marginally better.

Thanks for that nozzer, I thought it might be that rom11 cards were harder to unloop / open etc,

I haven't a clue about MOSCs etc... :Dunce:

I'm trying to get a list of suitable Emu candidates together, in no particular order...

EmuNation
Vplug
Snitch?
S2Emu?
CAPI?

Maybe a localhost NewCS / Gbox "card"server + WinCSC with EMM updates enabled?

or perhaps PMCAM Nagra / NVCam + Gunnar's WCE
(using a spoofed season interface COM connection) - I've seen this done btw!

But I'm just clutching at straws now... lol Anything others I've missed?

ps - I have been using a Trex 4.6 CAM (borrowed from a sat setup) without a card, I had to use PrEdit to add xCW to the Preditor firmware's provider list and then update the keys through the CAM menu.

Does anyone know of any CAM / firmware combo that can AU without a card, is it even possible?

Cheers,
Nick

Last edited:
Should be possible since satellite packages can AU on cams like the trex and diablo, but none of the ppl who make these fw's are going to care about cable channels in uk/ireland. Only chance is if your able to post on some forum where the ppl who make these cam fw's would see and might do something.

Remember, emunation is pretty much open source :)

Problem is thats its not really designed for UK Nagra and doesn't have a proper emulator. Any patches are more akin to the Funcard/ATMega type sticky-plaster type patches :(

Still, you could always modify it by ripping out everything except Nagra support and adding a proper Nagra emulator ;)

vdr-sc-0.8.6

HISTORY:

21.12.2007: Version 0.8.6
- Added Nagra1 UK reg05 fix (i.e. moved it from N2 to N1).

EmuNation is based on vdr-sc and maybe already working.

I'll try to find out how old the sources used for the latest build of emunation are, I had a play with it the other night but the vdr-sc keyfile format is all new to me, I did a quick cut n paste job from my Fenrir key files but it keeps bitching about invalid key format?

It decrypts fine with a basic softcam.key file but as soon as i try and add in the rsa stuff etc it either BSODs or says invalid CA system??? Not sure where I'm going wrong, it would be a great help if someone could send me some examples of recenty working emunation config files cos i haven't been able to test any roms with emunation at all yet!

I gave up and started playing with Vplug but it won't touch the EMM for some reason? I know the PID is right but it says it's empty? No luck with Snitch either, it finds the emm ok but crashes loading any of the roms.

As a last resort, and I know this was a long shot, I tried the x86 (win32) version of Gbox, it's very old [v2.2] but I was hoping against hope it might AU with the fixed dreambox roms. There are Nagra roms included in some gbox packages so it must AU on some providers???

I've got it decoding in MyTheatre and ProgDVB using the gboxfriend client but I don't even know if gboxfriend supports EMM? (but there are a few other newcamd protocol clients with EMM support we could try). Does anyone know of any x86 win32 ports of mgcamd or evocamd or any other working dreambox emus we could try?

- any other suggestions welcomed... ?

Last edited:
Try that in EmuNation.ini

[5501]
emm_pid_hex=0080 ;Hex value of PID for this provider
EMMOnChannelChange=0 ;Auto start EMM filter on channel change (1=Start autoroll every channel change/0=Start autoroll only when keys are invalid)
EMM_off_OnKeyFind=1 ;Stop EMM filter on key find (0=off / 1=on)

Softcam.key

N 5501 E1 FB......
N 5501 N1 B3......
N 5501 N2 9F......
N 5501 V DF........

Certainly in the last published source version of Emunation (which was 1 level behind the release executable) there is absolutely no support for UK Emm keyroll types. It appeared to be geared for Dish/Bev/Globecast with other providers only giving ECM support rather than Emm.

In fact, there wasn't even an emulator as such. Just hard coded supplier dependant methods which were closer to the ATMega way of doing things.

If you really want a decent emulator, I suspect you may have to write one.

Back