atx psu 20 pin

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
guys i got a new atx psu 550 for the server yesterday but the main power supply (which connects to the mb is only 20 pin the connector on the mb is 24 pin the lead connects ok but leaves 4 pins unconnected is this ok ? or is there psu's with 24 pin power connectors ???

there is this one on ebay still has 3 days to go so may go up starts off at 15 squid
*ttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6739081284&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

feck i dont know damage I would have thought they all have Im the top bidder at the mo could you ask the seller a question and find out then if not I will have to withdraw

they sell the 20 to 24 pin converters on that site as well CHIEFTEC 20PIN TO 24PIN PSU CABLE CONVERTER £3.47

yep better safe than sorry. but makes you wonder why they sell them if they don't work lol. there are a lot of psu's being sold now that have the 4 pin plug you need to use to make the 20 pin to 24 pin either as a extra 4 pin plug from the psu or you get the coverter but its all rather confuseing lol

Back