Asus P5K Premium & Q6600 not working...!!!

safire

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guy's just purchased an ASUS P5K Premium Mobo and a Q6600 Quad Processor with 2 Gb OCZ PC2 6400. I'm running with EZ Cool 900 Tornado 700w PSU and an Arctic Freezer 7 pro cooler.

The problem i'm having is that the machine will not boot. The fans all spin and the Green led light is on but no alarms or beeps and no display.

I've taken the mobo outta the case and am running it barebone (mobo, cpu w/Fan, 1gb ram, PCI Express card, 12v & ATX 24 pin connectors)...But still the same thing.

before i decide to take the Mobo and CPU back i was wondering if someone could tell me if the memory i'm using is incompatible or not...

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/116755

Thank You

Hi guy's just purchased an ASUS P5K Premium Mobo and a Q6600 Quad Processor with 2 Gb OCZ PC2 6400. I'm running with EZ Cool 900 Tornado 700w PSU and an Arctic Freezer 7 pro cooler.

The problem i'm having is that the machine will not boot. The fans all spin and the Green led light is on but no alarms or beeps and no display.

I've taken the mobo outta the case and am running it barebone (mobo, cpu w/Fan, 1gb ram, PCI Express card, 12v & ATX 24 pin connectors)...But still the same thing.

before i decide to take the Mobo and CPU back i was wondering if someone could tell me if the memory i'm using is incompatible or not...

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/116755

Thank You
looks ok to me have u tried it with out memory
do u get any post beeps?
and try removing the pci express

btw what pci card do u have?

I got two cards...one is a G-Force 7300GS and the other is a G-Force 6600GT...both card do not need any external power and i've tried both in the machine with zero results.

I've also tried to boot with no memory still nothing.

Could there be an issue with the ram voltage...???

I don't know what the default voltage is on the board but i believe the memory requires 2.1v. Or am i wrong?

I read the thread you directed me to...I think i tried pretty much everything in there...I has to be a faulty board and/or CPU. Got a speaker connected but the board will not produce any Beeps, card in or out, ram in or out, cpu in or out...!!!

I'm gonna contact the seller and get him to test/exchange the mobo and CPU as i don't think theres anymore i can do. I will take my graphic cards and memory just in case...!!!

Will let you know of the outcome.

Thank you all for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to make sure m8. Have u plugged in all the power connectors.

As well as the main one there is a 4 or 8 pin one for your CPU. Its easily overlooked.

Just to make sure m8. Have u plugged in all the power connectors.

As well as the main one there is a 4 or 8 pin one for your CPU. Its easily overlooked.

Yeah i did...the power supply has the 24pin ATX plug and the 4 pin 12v plug. Both are plugged in all the time when i'm testing. It was one of the first things i always check for...!!!

The mobo has an 8 pin 12v + 12v socket with a cap over 4 pins I've tried both sockets one after the other.

Sorry to ask m8 but recently another member on this forum had a similar problem and that was due to not plugging in the cpu power.

Guess ure mobo is FUBAR. Sorry m8

FUBAR'D for sure...I spoke to the retailer over the phone and he was like "you must have blown the board or CPU"...??? WTF

So i said "Change the mobo and CPU as it's only been 4 days since i purchased them or i'll crack open your EFFIN' skull...!!! "

Straight away he had more in stock and told me he would change 'em whenever i was ready to make my way down...!!!

Looks like my people skills have improved a great deal...!!!

Lol, nice result.

I bet he charged over the odds in the first place the fecker, give him what for mate.

You make a good point...I paid £125.00 for the mobo and £150.00 for the Q6600 g0 stepping
£40 PSU and £19 for the cooler...Does this seem resonable or have i been overcharged...!!!

BTW gonna go down on Saturday...make him sweat out the rest of the week...!!!

To be honest digicol i'm kinda hoping he does get cocky, cos after spending all this money and then for him to suggest that I fcuked up the Mobo and CPU got me pissed...!!!

Which is why i said what i did. I just hope he realises that i ain't joking...buy we'll soon know for sure.

And yeah you're right. i paid way to much for something that don't work...Saturday is gonna be a very interesting day...LOL

Back