Astra2e launch date

@mdt @trevortron

Zorch - I trust you will have your trusty fibo aimed at 43.5° on Wednesday?

They really couldn't have picked a worse slot for testing... smack bang in the middle of two really powerful satellites with only 1.5° clearance on either side... should be interesting...

Turksat 2A/3A uses the whole of the Ku Band and Intelsat 12 uses around half of the Ku Band... so perhaps they'll be performing their tests on transponder frequencies currently used on the East Beam of Turksat 2A/3A ...and then only in the part/s of the Ku Band that Intelsat 12 doesn't use either... if that makes any sense...

they will probably run pal carriers for test anyway as thats what they usually do

Doh!! I should have known that... I must be going senile... only a few hours earlier I was looking at the tests that are currently being run on Eutelsat 25B/Es'hail-1 at 31.7°E and all the transponders/test carriers are PAL

FlySat Eutelsat 25B / Es'hail-1 @ 31.7° East

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited by a moderator:
@trevortron

They really couldn't have picked a worse slot for testing... smack bang in the middle of two really powerful satellites with only 1.5° clearance on either side... should be interesting...

Turksat 2A/3A at 42.0°E
Astra 2E at 43.5°E
Intelsat 12 at 45.0°E

Turksat 2A/3A uses the whole of the Ku Band and Intelsat 12 uses around half of the Ku Band... so perhaps they'll be performing their tests on transponder frequencies currently used on the East Beam of Turksat 2A/3A ...and then only in the part/s of the Ku Band that Intelsat 12 doesn't use either... if that makes any sense...

Roll on Wednesday... lol

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Let's hope they're good at reverse-parking!! :NEXT:

yes i admit it , i havnt a clue what all this means.. is there a 28.2 still

yes i admit it , i havnt a clue what all this means.. is there a 28.2 still

yes there is... you will have to update your transponder list/channel list but the updates are supposed to be finished in a day or 2. id give it a couple of more days then delete the dead transponders and do a blind scan or update the satellites.xml/bouquets if using an E2 box,regards mdt

Thanks to N2YO.com:

LOCAL TIME:18:23:23
UTC:17:23:23
LATITUDE:0.09
LONGITUDE:43.51
ALTITUDE [km]:35704.03
ALTITUDE [mi]:22185.46
SPEED [km/s]:0.01
SPEED [mi/s]:0.01
AZIMUTH:115.8ESE
ELEVATION:+22
RA:21h 57m 52s
DEC:-6° 33' 40''
The satellite is in day light
PERIOD:
STOP!!!!!!

Thanks to N2YO.com

ASTRA 2E
LOCAL TIME:08:37:19
UTC:07:37:19
LATITUDE:-0.12
LONGITUDE:44.15
ALTITUDE [km]:35771.18
ALTITUDE [mi]:22227.18
SPEED [km/s]:0
SPEED [mi/s]:0
AZIMUTH:129.4SE
ELEVATION:+18.7
RA:12h 13m 24s
DEC:-8° 13' 25''
The satellite is in day light
PERIOD:
OOPS!!!!! SORRY MATE!!!!! IT'S ONLY A SCRATCH... HERE'S MY INSURANCE DETAILS

Thanks to trevortron

Doesn't mean much 'out of context', but there is something showing at 10.806 GHz...

IMG_0152.JPG

Last edited:
@trevortron

Doesn't mean much 'out of context', but there is something showing at 10.806 GHz...

Well spotted mate...

Doh!!! I've just realised... neither Turksat 2A/3A at 42.0°E or Intelsat 12 at 45.0°E uses the 10.700 GHz ~ 10.950 GHz part of the Ku Band... so we just might see some DVB-S/DVB-S2 test signals... I wonder if you've found one...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

@trevortron

Well spotted mate...

Doh!!! I've just realised... neither Turksat 2A/3A at 42.0°E or Intelsat 12 at 45.0°E uses the 10.700 GHz ~ 10.950 GHz part of the Ku Band... so we just might see some DVB-S/DVB-S2 test signals... I wonder if you've found one...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Well if so, blind scan doesn't pick it up. Nor at 10818V which is also showing a peak. NB These freq's thanks to the guys @ sat's.co.uk

try the DBS band,regards mdt

Attachments

• 28.2E-RFScan.png
    28.2E-RFScan.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi again all,

10.801 H/V signal has now disappeared... found new signal on...

10.823 H 7100
10.823 V 7100

NB You need to use one of the older TM patches like 117p to see the signal...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Well, it would seem that 2E's testing has concluded, there has been some excellent reporting over on SCUK.
If 2F's history is to be repeated, then she should be on-station by about the end of the month. @Zorch Do you have the means to track it whilst in transit? Apparently they keep the beacon on. 12493 apparently, possibly circular pol, but may be visible on V or H.

Hi trevortron,

@Zorch Do you have the means to track it whilst in transit? Apparently they keep the beacon on. 12493 apparently, possibly circular pol, but may be visible on V or H.

No mate... I was only able to find/locate the test signals whilst the satellite was static at 43.5°E

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi trevortron,

No mate... I was only able to find/locate the test signals whilst the satellite was static at 43.5°E

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Thanks Zorch. Actually, it may still be at 43.5°E- one report this morning of a brief test signal around 06:18. Any sign from there?

The trouble with N2YO is that it's not really live- more 'interpolated', particularly when TLE's haven't been updated, such as at weekends. Great site all the same.

Back