Asda 1 - Sainsbury's -99999

Matt-LivUniSkydivers

Inactive User
Reaction score
It's my sons naming ceremony today, we're catering for around 60 people at my mums and needless to say we've used some services provided by our local supermarkets... Asda & Sainsburies.

Asda Queensferry(Fantastic Customer Service Follows...)
My mum ordered a Whole Salmon last week for collection yesterday, specifically requesting it to be gutted, but to have its head and tail intact as it is for one of the Whole salmon platter things. I went to pick it up and they had decapitated it and chopped the tail off! My mum was obviously quite annoyed.. She complained and Asda arranged for a Whole Salmon to be delivered the same day from Another store directly to her front door. Furthermore, they weren't charging anything for the Salmon!!
In my opinion that is fantastic customer service, yes they made a mistake but they proceeded to go above and beyond to rectify it.

Sainsburies Flint (Disgusting Customer Service follows...)
I ordered a few kegs and a beer cooler for the event, so I used Sainsburies Glass service. If you aren't aware, Sainburies offer crates of any type of glass for free provided you return them clean and in one piece.
These were ordered 2 weeks ago and a deposit paid, and they rang on Friday (2 days before the event) to say they don't offer Champagne flutes. My Fiance spoke to them and was obvioulsy upset, 2 days to go and no champagne flutes!! Why put them on your list i you don't offer them!!! We said OK to wine glasses instead. Luckily the Keg guys sorted out us champage flutes so panic over. Yesterday we went to pick up the rest of the glasses, and 'Oh, I'm sorry we thought you didn't want the pint glasses so we gave them to someone else' (F%#king tw#*s!!). So we're left with wine glasses we don't even need. We complaned to the manager, and he reluctanty contacted another store who then said they wouldn't give us pint glasses because a number of people hadn't returned them so them and they have been worried about theft (Thus labelling us thieves). We were then told they would provide us with glassed but we would have to drive to get them (hour round trip) and pay another deposit!! Furthermore we would have to return them to that store (another hour round trip). Then a few minutes later they changed their story and said they'd double booked the glasses anyway... and that is how they left it.

Anyway, naming ceremony is today. We're making do with plastic pint glasses from Costco. I'm incredibly pissed off with Sainsburies, and I'm going to write to their customer service, but whatever the outcome I won't be shopping at any of their stores anymore. Sorry Jamie!

Last edited:
Fair comment it suited your needs but I hate Asda, for a start they don't even sell any actual ingredients.

How the hell are you supposed to cook without any ingredients. It's all ready made sauces.

Challenge:

If anybody can go to an Asda and buy the ingredients to make a sponge cake or something from scratch then I'll actually eat my smelly year old flip flops I bought in Oz and traipsed around the world in (trust me, they smell real bad!)

Fair comment it suited your needs but I hate Asda, for a start they don't even sell any actual ingredients.

How the hell are you supposed to cook without any ingredients. It's all ready made sauces.

Challenge:

If anybody can go to an Asda and buy the ingredients to make a sponge cake or something from scratch then I'll actually eat my smelly year old flip flops I bought in Oz and traipsed around the world in (trust me, they smell real bad!)

I don't know what asda you shop in m8 but you can buy anything in my asda from fresh herbs,fresh fish,meat,spices,fresh veg,salad,deli etc etc. what else is there?

And our asda sell everything to make a cake flour,caster sugar,icing sugar,toppings,jam.

Tbh i find asda spot on and there customer service is quible free and top notch. The only bad thing i would say about asda is there shoddy durabrand/onn electricals which break in a very short time. Avoid those though and everything else is great.

Challenge:

Sorry but :Dunce:
They must do all you need at my asda
Bought the stuff for sponge cake a month or so ago
Check this link for choc/orange cake

ASDA Recipes - Orange and chocolate cake

Or are you expecting to make the choc first
Or buy real cocoa beans and grate em
Now do you need ketchup with those flip-flops :roflmao:

It's just me expereicen of Asda in Kingston-Upon-Thames (A3).

When I was in the first year at uni (2003) it was the closet without driving, never had anything I needed so never been back.

I'm probably just stunted from by bad experience.

@sargie
don't know m8, i've had one of the onn 26" lcd tv's hanging on the bedroom wall now for 18months been a brill telly.
mind ya did have a kettle and more water came out the bottom then the spout lol

@sargie
don't know m8, i've had one of the onn 26" lcd tv's hanging on the bedroom wall now for 18months been a brill telly.

pmsl we must have the same kettle lol

my mam and dad bought a schneider hifi from them years ago, well it had broke and they couldnt repair it so they offered them a full refund for the product that they had bought that was well in to the two year warranty, think it was 400 quid they got back.

cant complain about that

It's just me expereicen of Asda in Kingston-Upon-Thames (A3).

When I was in the first year at uni (2003) it was the closet without driving, never had anything I needed so never been back.

I'm probably just stunted from by bad experience.

LOL that asda is massive, the one by the Gypo's college.

@sargie

i had a thread here m8 a while back

i switched an onn kettle on and the fooker wnet boom sparks flew out of the switch and gave me a shock on inspection of the kettle it was all burnt i sent it off to asda after a stinking phone call to there customer services.

I got an email back and they said the kettle was fine and all it needed was a new fuse in the plug so they basicaly lied as the kettle itself blew up!

i had a microwave onn again the timer wouldnt work from new so that went back.

Then a sandwhich toaster which aslo blew up on second use lol.

Last in the list was a durabrand deep fat fryer and the handle fell off of that as i was lifiting a full basket of chips out splashed fat everywere.

that was it then.

Back