Arsenal

We rode it out to the end and took our rightful place at the top of the table

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2

Top team in 2013 but alas no silverware ,now please Arsene buy a quality striker and push the bank rolled clubs all the way.

Feb/march is the key period for the Arse, come out of that challenging and I wouldn't expect the famous collapse to happen.
Could it end up in a battle with our lads for the top four trophy ? lol

It has begun lads, Walcott out for 6 months with ruptured cruciate ligament, terrible news for both England and Arsenal, he will certainly miss those 3 World cup games we play in.

This should now force Wenger hand in buying a striker, although bad news for Walcott this will give more playing opportunities to Gnarby (who was very good against Spurs) and Chamberlain (when fully fit).

Another win without playing very well,got the 2 quick goals and dominated the first half but instead of going for the 3 goal and killing the game off we sat back and invited a poor villa team on to us ,letting them get their crosses in and surrendering possession way to easily and nearly paid the price,not impressed with ozil who has not played well since November ,still seems be adjusting to the pace of the league but we could do with a couple of big performances from him,but were still there and still winning games so cant complain too much,COYG.

This Arsenal team as talented as they are, are getting on my nerves.
The attacking players are not ruthless enough, same old story being too elaborate with the passing and not shooting when given the chance. They are like a train stopping at every station and then not terminating at the original destination, I feel disappointed for the defensive players who are doing everything to keep a clean sheet who then pass the ball forward to the wasteful attacking players.
Don't get me wrong, it was a good win last night but this is a very poor Aston Villa side, proof was our dominance in the 1st half resulting in 64% possession for the entire match. Also we only had 8 shots at goal which 4 was on target whilst Villa had 11 shots at goal which 5 was on target. I would accept this kind of game or result if we were playing Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool or even 5pur2 away, Wenger needs to open his mouth or open his cheque book if we are going to have any chance of winning a piece of silverware this season.

To be honest Arsenal look the part, playing some of the better football in the league as usual but also grinding a result, last 20 minutes was a huge test but the Arsenal midfield where very good at pressing play and denying space, one thing you would rarely aim at the gooners. I still can't see past City winning the league but this Arseanl side have a great chance at pushing it very close.
I thought Aston Villa played well second half but the 2nd goal coming so soon after the 1st utterly killed them and it was always a big ask from 2-0 back, great 3 points as it see's City off the top another week. Lots more up's and down's in the coming months hopefully a few more up's than down for my lot :)

Your boys went there a month ago and won, nothing new as you always seem to turn Villa over, but I think 90% of your fans believe this is the worse midfield you ever had and you still won 0-3 comfortably. This is supposed to be the best team since 2005 and although we dominated the 1st half, the game is 90 mins plus and it was not comfortable in the 2nd half, IMO we are grinding out too many games that we are in total control of in the 1st half especially against team in the lower half of the table. According to Wenger this shows we have mental strength and have the ability to soak up pressure, the flip side is that we do not have Walcott as the outlet now and shows that we are either running out of ideas or stamina. Better teams will take advantage of any mistake we make and believe me we make a lot, that is why it is vital that we buy a striker like a Higuain or Suarez as the game would definitely be over by half time.

if only we had got suarez or Higuian
we are managing better than previous seasons grinding out results against the gritty teams lower down in the league
a top clinical striker would be nice a signing before the window closes

Well you've got your wish, you've got Suarez now ...... In the next round lmao :)

We have that fourth place trophy to play for, keep it shiny just in case ;)

We have won it so many times that there won't be any space for your name on it.....:)

You might actually get to keep it yet lol

- Sat Feb 8th: Liverpool A (league)
- Wed Feb 12th: Utd H (league)
- Weekend of 15th Feb: Liverpool H (FA Cup)
- Wed Feb 19th: Bayern H (CL)
- Sat Feb 22nd: Sunderland H (league)
- Sat March 1st: Stoke A (league)
- Weekend of 8th March: an eventual FA Cup QF
- if not, Sat March 8th: Swansea H (league)
- Tuesday March 11th: Bayern A (CL)
- Sunday March 16th: Spurs A (league)
- Saturday March 22nd: Chelsea A (league)
- Saturday March 29th: City H (league)
- an eventual CL QF on April 1st or 2nd
- Sat April 5th: Everton A (league)
- an eventual CL QF on April 8th or 9th

That is some run of fixtures right there, February was bad but now it's horrendous and those last four games :Cry:

Cue Arsene whinging in the media in 3.......2.......lol

Well a huge gamble by wenger not adding to injury hit squad and now the news that kallstrom has been injured in his first training session and may be out for a period would you f**kin believe it,the fact that we had three loan offers for a striker turned down proves that he knows we are short yet he leaves it to the last day as usual and tries to pinch pennies off deals instead of doing his business early,the more i think about it the Ozil signing was nothing more than a ploy to keep the fans off his back as its the first time he and the board really come under pressure from us ,now he signs a new 8m a year deal and ticket prices go up again ,also reports coming out that the board actually sanctioned the £37m for Draxler only for Wenger to pull the plug on the deal,now watch the bidding war start in the summer for this player ,£37m was too much but you would off got your moneys worth out of him eventually as he is a class act and only 20,now we have a serious fixture list ahead and if we lose a couple we will be fighting for fourth place again which is a shame ,i hope i am wrong .

I am going to bury myself for the foreseeable future.... I cannot see a comeback at all this season, we should be grateful if we end up 4th....!!

Back