Arsenal

Seat of the pants stuff for sure, Wenger must see he needs to bring in a striker now.

Seat of the pants stuff for sure, Wenger must see he needs to bring in a striker now.

He is a bit stubborn lol, I do hope so :)

Mick

What a load of shite that was,and he thinks we don't need another striker well its going to be another scrap for 4th AGAIN.

If you guys don't buy another striker you might even have United overtaking you this season ;)
Seriously though, if Wenger is throwing his trust in Sanogo alone then god help you, he might surprise a few but with Giroud out so long the cheque book needs a re-opening.

With one day left though who are they going to buy ?
Might get a loan deal for Falcao but its going to cost a fortune.

Falcao is actually available but it seems Negredo is on the verge on joining Valencia. Free up funds for a City bid ?
Wenger and co need to act, a coup similar to last deadline day on the horizon ?

With one day left though who are they going to buy ?
Might get a loan deal for Falcao but its going to cost a fortune.

As gasman said, Falcao is available but all the talk is of a season long loan that would cost around 20 million. Terrifying!

If he helps to fire Arsenal into the top four then 20 million might just be worth the punt.
Personally hope Wenger doesn't pull off last years trick here.
No offence.

I seriously doubt whether Wenger is inclined to pull out the cheque book for a striker despite Giroud's injury.
I think he's banking on Sanchez being able to adjust fairly well to a central role and the team being able to get by in that transition period. But from any kind of objective standpoint, it doesn't look like an attacking line-up that can mount a title challenge.
Sanogo and Campbell are both still raw and inexperienced.
Podolski is very one-dimensional although his god-like left foot is nice to have.
Oxlade Chamberlain is an exciting player but needs to add goals to his game.
Walcott will be great to have back, but with Giroud out for so long, it seems like while with one hand the injury gods giveth, with the other they taketh away.

Another body in there, of even a decent level perhaps not even as good as Giroud but at least more experienced than Sanogo would have given the team the nexessary depth. It makes you wonder whether Arsenal really are serious about taking on the title this season, but surely Wenger must want it more than anyone. I don't know. In the end you just have to have faith I guess from match to match, rather than dwelling on the big picture too much.

Sanchez into the Henry role is the only option you would imagine is in Wengers head, Sanogoals just won't cut it. Why on earth Remy wasn't chased down beggars belief, excellent move on Mourinhos part.

no where near premier champion material

would say deffo top striker needed to secure their normal high of a champions league slot

Your not getting Falcao either United have just taken him on loan. 12m Christ.

_76349497_image-1-copy(5).jpg

David Ornstein

BBC Sport

Latest from the Emirates

Posted at
"Barring a late surprise, Arsenal are highly unlikely to make any signings before the transfer window closes. They remain in a number of conversations as they search for a back-up central defender and a holding midfielder, but currently it looks like nobody will be arriving at Emirates Stadium. So that also means no new striker despite the absence of Olivier Giroud until the new year through injury.
"The Gunners have signed Alexis Sanchez, Mathieu Debuchy, Calum Chambers and David Ospina this summer. There could be a couple of squad players leaving the club before the 11pm deadline."

This has really made my day.:Angryfire

Back