Arnet aka kryptview

MalcB, thats because the box is automatically scanning whilst in standby mode. The only way to prevent this at the moment is by disabling search mode. Using remote:-

1. Press menu; system seetings; other settings; power search more - turn off.

Hopefully a future software will fix this.
This was happening to me too, thanks for posting this workaround. I'm away to set the order the way I want them, again, for hopefully the last time!!

Have you added the channels to your favourites?,if so, are they still in order?, as the problem you both have isn't happening here.

Not me mate. Had a wee prob with favorites so not using them. Renamed Favorites A to Kids & I can add/delete what I want in there but can't rename or add/delete to Favorites B,C etc now. Probably me doing something wrong, no biggie.

Problems

TMC, bought a 9pin female to female RS232 cable and connected to PC and box. Followed the instructions you gave me but I keep getting the same message as a previous user had on this forum. I did exactly as I should - pressed send then plugged in the box but I get the message "The downloading is not requested".

Also, when I did my first ever channel scan - The unscrambled free channels that I received were strong with no glitches. Now they are breaking up constantly and I keep getting the message on the TV screen "No or bad signal".

Could it have something to do with me restoring the factory default settings in the menus?

Please Help!!

Hi m8 the cable you got is it a null type as this is what you need. If it is a straight extension cable then its no good. Try factory reset again and download press start and then switch the box on from the mains.

tmc

@tmc

This seems to of turned into a support thread rather than a discussion thread and it seems to be getting pretty long now.

Would it be better if people now started there own threads regarding queries/problems or do we just keep letting this thread grow ?

@nozzer think new threads should be started and this left as a discussion thread it will be easier for people to find the right solution quicker instead of trawling through this one.

tmc

channel order etc changed? wtf!

My Arnet box updated today with the key roll but my channel order is all jumbled now looks as though its rescanned ive disabled the auto search in the system settings so it doesnt alter my list but it has i this just a bug in the firmware?? thx:Kickassro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The latest cable receiver in the market. This box will work in all areas in the UK. It has full 7 day working epg and favorite options. This box will also have on going updates to enhance it even more. Will do a powerscan while in standby mode so technically you will never need to scan again. Easy to use plug and play. connections: 2 x scart 1 x video audio left and right. cable input cable output spdif

does anyone know if this box will get knocked off with the double keyroll?,is it in the same league as the eurovox/dbox/dreambox e.t.c or is it going to need constantly updating like the starview/fta/digivox/replay box e.t.c

Got one of these today.

Nice looking box but epg is very bad and the OSD is awkward to use. EPG disappears after 10 or 20 mins and have to turn box off then back on to get any epg and then it is poor. You can't see whats on when trying to look at epg. Don't want to be mr negative but i am not impressed. If the key feature of this box is the support why isn't the unit working right in the first place when it was released? If this box (firmware) isn't sorted quickly i will be selling it. Sorry lads, but thats how i see it....

just wait till it updates may take upto 20 mins

tmc

I'm seriously not slagging this box because until 5 minutes ago I'd never heard of it...

but as Witchy says - ffs - how many of these supposed cable wonder boxes do we need??

There's tons of them out there now and if you're at the 'it's just teething problems with this one' - why aint you got one of the boxes which is so tested it's probably ready for a 'bridge' 'crown' or bleedin 'dentures' - LOL

IMHO all anyone can want from a cable box is (roughly) the following :

0. Pi$$ easy loader/channel dump s/w to start off with..
1. All channels
2. Decent EPG
3. PVR (Hard Drive Recording Facility)
4. HD option (future wish as there's SFA on cable on HiDef just now)

Disagree with Witchy here - as 95% of users don't give a toss about networking and other linux based functions - it's free telly required in most cases (that's just a techys nice to have)

Whatever anyone says - it's just a cable box - re-wrapped in different packing. The best it can possibly do is have a good picture/EPG without breaking down for a bit longer than some of the others..

My enthusiasm chip for all cable boxes has now melted ....

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :toiletclaw:

TMC - Just to let you know, managed to get a Null modem cable and updated absolutely fine. Although I had initial problems with what seemed to be a weak signal and breaking up of channels. Today has seen the box remain solid on all channels. I may still buy a booster when I split the cable between modem and STB.

Does anyone recommend a decent but cheap booster for cable. I have looked on other threads and have some ideas already. Is the one from Argos any good?

I'll keep you posted but the box so far is doing its job. Thanks again for your continued support.

the slx plug in booster from argos works well with cable try and get one without the mains cable they sell one which plugs directly into wall soket works well on my dreambox: spook :

Channels were scrambled earlier (not sure when the keys rolled) but my Kryptview cleared the channels after 15 mins or so.

Back