Arnet aka kryptview

TMC thanks for the box very quick delivery, easy to flash and the code updated in less than 3 minutes. Finds all channels 1st scan and the 16:9 ratio is excellent works perfectly. Picture quality also very good and no glitches in the 8 or so hours I have been watching.

One problem I am experiencing is the epg - it simply does not work. Every channel says "no information available" yet when i try a eurovox (original 2 scart), starview or digivox they all show epg (some more detailed than others ). Just wondered if anyone in ex TW Scotland experiencing any similar problems?

TW seems to be a problem with epg and it is been looked into hopefully this will be sorted soon and a update out to sort the problem.

tmc

Got mine today!:)

Got my box today thx tmc next day delivery ive been messing with loads of different boxes now for a while ive had/still got evox/dbox/fta101/silverbox/dreambox/replay.Its defetinatly got the best tuner in it scan took about 12 mins codes udated within 3 mins all channels are perfect ive put my dreambox and the amplifier in the bedroom now.
Not had one single glitch (touch wood) at mo.Surely this box has it issues same as any box but hopefully support will be good and the wealth of knowledge of these forums will come together and make it a winner.: spook :

is the epg problem everywhere as i got none now and i am pure ntl, dbox still has epg

pure should be fine but pm me your net id and freq will pass the info on.

tmc

none at all here now, pure, notts, and been trying to find my net and freq for 2 days
still smiling though,nice box...

leave on standby via remote overnight and see if the powerscan pick it up again.

tmc

will do,thanks again tmc for all the time and effort you put in...

pure should be fine but pm me your net id and freq will pass the info on.

tmc

pm sent, box was off all day saturday, noticed no epg sunday and same again today, also noticed a small drop in signal strength

leave on standby via remote overnight and see if the powerscan pick it up again.

tmc

I left my box on standby for 30 mins this morning and EPG is now showing.
thanks again tmc.

After an hour or two EPG is dissapearing slowly,the infobar is showing whats on now and next on less channels,as time goes on.

Last edited:
i have another problem, might be me not doing something wrong in my old age.
i put my channels in order the other day,left it on standby for the night and next day the channels were in alpherbet order. tried it again last night and got the same result

MalcB, thats because the box is automatically scanning whilst in standby mode. The only way to prevent this at the moment is by disabling search mode. Using remote:-

1. Press menu; system seetings; other settings; power search more - turn off.

Hopefully a future software will fix this.

thanks m8, thought i was going mad.
epg has come back but lots just have now and next

does anyone know if this box will get knocked off with the double keyroll?,is it in the same league as the eurovox/dbox/dreambox e.t.c or is it going to need constantly updating like the starview/fta/digivox/replay box e.t.c

Last edited:
Got one of these today.

Nice looking box but epg is very bad and the OSD is awkward to use. EPG disappears after 10 or 20 mins and have to turn box off then back on to get any epg and then it is poor. You can't see whats on when trying to look at epg. Don't want to be mr negative but i am not impressed. If the key feature of this box is the support why isn't the unit working right in the first place when it was released? If this box (firmware) isn't sorted quickly i will be selling it. Sorry lads, but thats how i see it....

IMO its early days and like all of these types of box it has its advantages and disadvantages. Unless testing has been conducted UK wide (and that highly unlikely) you are bound to get teething problems.

This is the only plug and play box of this type that I am aware of that supports true 16:9. The picture is very good and the tuner seems to be excellent as it picks up all channels on a 1st scan.

I had no epg initially but it seems to have kicked in now although i will see if its still shows after 20 minutes.

I suppose we will need to wait and see how it copes with the next key roll but the indications appear to suggest that the software is robust - time will tell.

My first impression is very good and TMC`s service and help cannot be faulted.

I understand a new image may be released shortly and hopefully that will improve the overall functionality.

i agree with Deanoboy,the box is very good, maybe the best for picking up all the channels.
EPG was not a problem when i first got my box but there is a slight problem now which is being addressed thanks to TMC.
Any comment good or bad is welcomed by the people involved in the box and i guess they will take on board all comments and make changes to improve it

Arnet Kryptview

Thanks again TMC for your superfast delivery. Olny ordered it yesterday and it arrived today.

Scanned and huge list of channels appeared. Tons were scrambled though - What do I do next...

Thanks

Back